MDE-Delete Family/Friends

BLLB

DIS Veteran
How do you delete family/friends from your MDE account? We have taken several trips, with my DSs bringing friends. I would like to delete them off my MDE account. First, I would get an error message. Next it would tell me the person had active plans. They haven't been in over a year. Thoughts?

I would like to know too.
I have tried to remove one of DS's friends for over 2 years and it tells me I can't

We can't....the only way is to call and have the IT guys delete them....it doesn't take long but Disney IT are the only ones who can.

I was able to do it, but I couldn't use the app....I had to use the computer to do it. Go to your Friends and Family list, click update beside of their name, then click "remove from this list". ( I hope that works)

If it is a managed account you have to call. Their old tickets and magicbands are saved in your profile so the system won't let you delete them but Disney IT can.

How do you delete family/friends from your MDE account? We have taken several trips, with my DSs bringing friends. I would like to delete them off my MDE account. First, I would get an error message. Next it would tell me the person had active plans. They haven't been in over a year. Thoughts?

Exact same thing for me. I took a friend a few years ago. I put her in my MDE account. Now I can't remove her. I was on my computer, not the app, when I tried to remove her. I have not tried calling Disney IT - that's a little more effort than I feel like putting in for this issue.

I just had to call to remove some friends... they said that's the only way to remove managed friends. It's not a big deal to leave them, it was just annoying me! Lol

There is 1 alternative which is you can get them to make their own mde account by using the invite link that appears under them in friends and family.. they do need to be 13 age wise to do this (you can just change their birthday to satisfy disney's website).. you'll need their email, it'll send them a link for them to signup, it'll move their magicbands to their new account and then you can unlink them from friends and family without a problem.

I called to have my 5 in-laws removed as I managed their profiles and they had magic bands on their accounts which meant I couldn't delete them. Since I still have 6 other people on my F&F list it was just too crowded wading through them all to get to my family who we travel with frequently.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter