MDE - Fastpasses and ADR's

Status
Not open for further replies.

Murphybj

Earning My Ears
Hi. New to this forum and haven't been to Disney in 10 years so lots has changed. I am trying to figure out how to best use the My Disney Experience app. I'm traveling with my Daughter, son-in-law, grandson (4 yr old), my son and his wife. I've booked 3 rooms at the Polynesian early December. Each room has it's own confirmation number. I've 'invited' the adults to join my account in MDE. So when it's time to make dinner reservations and FastPasses can I make dinner reservations for all of us? Can they make reservations for themselves or do they have to set up their own MDE account?
What about Fastpasses? Can I make them for 6 people? Or do they have to do their own. I'm confused as you can see. I appreciate any help with using MDE for 3 groups in 3 separate rooms.

For meal reservations, you can make for as many as you want...even people who are not staying at Disney! For FPs, your accounts would have to be linked in order for you to get everyone a FP.

When you make dining reservations it’ll just ask how many people are in your party, no need to have the accounts linked for that. However you do need the accounts to be linked to do the fastpasses but there is plenty of information on how to complete that either through this website or general inquiry through the Disney website. It’s quite simple to link the accounts but it may be difficult to find availability for certain fastpasses for all 6 people just because of limited space. If you have any difficulties with the fast pass process, another option is to do fastpasses separately but make them for the same time or close to the same time (Like 11:30 and 12:30) and then you guys should be able to still ride together since there is a one hour window I believe for fastpasses. But that’s a last ditch option as it’s more time consuming to plan and a hassle. Hopefully that was somewhat helpful though! I hope you enjoy your trip!

Hate to hijack the thread, but I am having a different MDE problem that it seems no one is capable of solving. My trip, for 17 ppl (my extended family) is in 11 days. All of our MDE’s are linked so everyone can see everyone else. When I first booked my FP’s at 60 days out I could see everything. However, a couple of weeks later several (different) things for different people disappeared. I have talked to the tech people 3 separate times (over an hour each call) which were a week apart. Each tech said my situation needed to be sent to the “escalation” desk and promptly did that. The first escalation notice was sent about 4 weeks ago and i’ve Heard nothing from them. At this point everyone in our group can see some FP’s but not all. It seems that after every ride we will all have to check our phones to see what’s next for who? The tech people assure me that all our FP’s are still there - we just can’t see them. For the more than 30K that my husband has paid out already you would think they could solve this? WWYD?

Hate to hijack the thread, but I am having a different MDE problem that it seems no one is capable of solving. My trip, for 17 ppl (my extended family) is in 11 days. All of our MDE’s are linked so everyone can see everyone else. When I first booked my FP’s at 60 days out I could see everything. However, a couple of weeks later several (different) things for different people disappeared. I have talked to the tech people 3 separate times (over an hour each call) which were a week apart. Each tech said my situation needed to be sent to the “escalation” desk and promptly did that. The first escalation notice was sent about 4 weeks ago and i’ve Heard nothing from them. At this point everyone in our group can see some FP’s but not all. It seems that after every ride we will all have to check our phones to see what’s next for who? The tech people assure me that all our FP’s are still there - we just can’t see them. For the more than 30K that my husband has paid out already you would think they could solve this? WWYD?

This is most likely normal MDX behavior. Many, many people have observed the same leading up to their trips. Sorry I don’t have a better answer for you.

I have had that problem once or twice. Usually deleting the app then waiting a little bit and reinstalling it brought everything back up at least for me

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter