MDE problems/reservation details missing

SugarSweetLee

Mouseketeer
Anyone know what's going on with MDE? I've been trying to buy park tickets for 2 days and keep getting a variety of errors, from getting kicked back to previous steps after completing steps later on, 500 server errors, and the "We Ducked Out" message after trying to complete payment. My resort reservation info is missing from MDE as well. I've tried both the website and the app from both my computer and mobile devices, at home and at work with the same results, so I don't think it's just me/my internet...

MDE recently had a software change and now requires all logins to be in the format of an email address instead of just a login name. My MDE account was locked and I had to call to have it fixed. When they changed my account to an email type login, all of my MDE account information including reservations and linked family members were lost. I had to call technical support (on hold for another 20 minutes) to get my old account merged into my new account. Now I can see all of my reservations and linked family members.

Unfortunately, they were unable to convert my DisneyStore account, so now I have to login to MDE with my email login and I have to login to the disneystore.com and D23 account with my non-email login. I spoke to 3 cast members, was hung up on twice and waited over 1 hour to get my DisneyStore account updated to no avail.

It seemed like they rolled out these new software changes without thorough testing and cast member training.
The same thing happened to a few of my family and friends. They have different departments for MDE, Disneyshopping.com and D23. The person helping me with MDE couldn't help me fix the login problem with the other departments. It required a separate call to each department and the cast members were clueless.

I can't get into MDE on my desktop but can get into the app. My login always has been my email address. I don't need to use MDE right now. I'm just not calling them. Hopefully they will get it straightened out.

I would give customer service a ring. The system is really glitchy right now. I booked my holiday yesterday and MDE had a problem merging fields so my booking name was a jumbled mess. It also randomly changed my birthday to June 1, 1900! I had to call a few times to resolve issues. The best number is: 407.939.7765.

x
Dora

MDE recently had a software change and now requires all logins to be in the format of an email address instead of just a login name. My MDE account was locked and I had to call to have it fixed. When they changed my account to an email type login, all of my MDE account information including reservations and linked family members were lost. I had to call technical support (on hold for another 20 minutes) to get my old account merged into my new account. Now I can see all of my reservations and linked family members.....

Sorry, but that's not true. I've been logging in daily for the last several days using my original login name (not my email address), and it's been working just fine for me. I just tried it now in another browser window and had no problem logging in with the old login name.
Granted, there are lots of folks having problems since the "upgrade" a couple a days ago, but the requirement that users log in with an email address just isn't the case.

Sorry, but that's not true. I've been logging in daily for the last several days using my original login name (not my email address), and it's been working just fine for me. I just tried it now in another browser window and had no problem logging in with the old login name.
Granted, there are lots of folks having problems since the "upgrade" a couple a days ago, but the requirement that users log in with an email address just isn't the case.

That is what the cast member told me on the phone. If it is untrue, then the cast member gave me the wrong information.
Five different people I know have experienced the same problem. I guess results may vary.

That is what the cast member told me on the phone. If it is untrue, then the cast member gave me the wrong information.
Five different people I know have experienced the same problem. I guess results may vary.
Perhaps. I just logged in again in a separate tab in this same browser (Firefox), and I'm in using my non-email user name. All my reservations (hotels, ADRs FP+) are all displaying normally.
I've had my account for a long time (well prior to MDE), so perhaps that has something to do with the fact that my user name still works and others need to use their email address. Given Disney's flaky IT infrastructure, we'll probably never know. :confused3

It won't be the first or last time a CM gave wrong information

I too can log in with my user name account
Matter of fact, my email address will NOT work. Only my account with a user name works.
I never wanted 2 accounts but when Movie Rewards came about it required a user name and didn't accept an email address.
I created the user name account at that time. It's been a few years so the details are fuzzy but I do recall at some point I got an email from Disney that directed me to connect these 2 accounts. All I remember is the directions to connect them involved checking the profile character used and making sure it displayed the correct character. And until the upgrade last week I could log in with either one in MDE and I always saw all my information correctly.
Now only the user name account will log in and I see all my upcoming stay information. Nothing is missing.

I had to call and have mine fixed and I always logged in with my email. All my reservations and everything was missing. You will just have to call and have them fix it. They fixed mine.

I just had to call and have mine fixed. The CM said it was due to a glitch in a system upgrade and it was on their end. She knew exactly how to fix it and said the issue is affecting many.

Mine is an email address for the user id. I just tried to log in and it made me update my password. Not sure why, but I did it and was able to get into my account.

So, when I access the MDE app on my phone now, I can see all of the reservation info. I'm still not able to buy tickets from the website though...

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter