• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

ME - Calling for reservations

WolfpackFan

Retired and loving every minute of it!!
A question - for our December trip we are staying our first night paying cash at AKL. We then move into AKV for the rest of the visit. Who do I call to make our ME reservations - central reservations or MS? I thought last time I called the central reservation number and they took care of both (arrival and departure), but I called today and the lady acted like she didn't even know what DVC was. I guess I'll call MS when they open.

Update - I just called and got the ME for our departure. Last time we did this though, I don't remember having to call two different numbers when we had a split stay.

Just a comment - have you ever had this happen, you call WDW, you finally get a person and you can just tell from the tone of the person's voice this is not going to be a good call? This happened to me this morning. The person didn't sound friendly at all plus I had already had a lot of trouble navigating through their stupid button choices, so I wasn't in a good mood myself. I was very tempted to just hangup and wait a while and try again.

Some at MS and CR are new and do not Know....
I called recently for a cruise and the lady asked if I wnated to use points although I do not knwo if I could book through her or not but she was very well informed.

We have usually just used the member's web site and booked ME through there. You can do split stays, different members of your group arriving/departing on different airlines/times etc.

I did just check and it doesn't list the value resorts as choices which is interesting. But it does list both AKL and AKV.

Update - I just called and got the ME for our departure. Last time we did this though, I don't remember having to call two different numbers when we had a split stay.

If the split stay was made using DVC points you should be able to make the DME reservations thru MS. If the AKL visit was made thru CRO- you will need to make the arrival DME arrangements thru CRO/DME. The departure arrangements would need to be made thru MS since it is for AKV made thru MS.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter