Meal with a 9 year old

sissy1

Mouseketeer
Recommendations for a place to eat with my 9 year old grand daughter. She has outgrown character meals. In the parks or at the resorts, thanks!

I would suggest somewhere with a fun theme or entertainment:

Coral Reef
Sci-Fi
50's Prime-Time
Hoop-de-Doo Musical Revue
Whispering Canyon

Just a few suggestions. princess:

BOG - CS for lunch or TS for dinner (Beast is there, but he doesn't come to the tables, so you can bypass him altogether)

Grand Floridian Cafe or Afternoon Tea at GF

Kona Cafe

Coral Reef

For atmosphere, Biergarten, Chefs de France and San Angel Inn (though we don't care for the food)

My DS7 loves Tokyo Dining

Teppan Edo

Via Napoli

50's Prime Time and Sci-Fi

Yak & Yeti

She's 9 and she's already outgrown character meals? I'm 16 and I still absolutely love them! Some of my favorite places:

Rose and Crown
Be Our Guest
Kona Cafe
Whispering Canyon Cafe
50s Primetime

Is she an adventurous eater? Does she like to feel 'grown up'? I ask, because my DD is a mature 8, who likes all types of food, so I'm going to suggest places I think she would enjoy.

Like others have posted, BOG!! This is an absolute must do for us, and not just for her! We are also looking at:
The Wave- interesting concept and menu, and at your resort
GF Café- lobster burger!
California Grill- maybe take her during Wishes for a special treat
'Ohana- mixed reviews, but looks interesting
Whispering Canyon or Trails End- both a short boat ride away
Beaches and Cream- looks cool
Yak and Yeti- we like the looks of the menu
Boma- also looks really good, gets good reviews

Hope this helps! Have fun!! :goodvibes

My DD is 9 and she is kind of "over" the character thing too but is very excited about our dinner at Cinderella's Royal Table. "Mom, we get to eat IN the castle?!?! Not everyone gets to to do that!" :rotfl2:

For a nine-year old, it's a great time to hit up a fun buffet or dinner show, while she can still get the "child" rate. At age ten, everything changes - ha! Hoop Dee Doo Revue or Biergarten might be good options.

Might also be a good age for a dinner at a place where you've got a potential view of some fireworks, whether California Grill, Narcoossee's, 'Ohana or Hacienda de San Angel (or even snacks/dessert at Top of the World since it looks like you're DVC).

As for something with a little action but not characters, Whispering Canyon is a lot of fun for that age, as would be Sci-Fi or 50's Prime Time. If willing to go over to Downtown Disney, our girls loved the combined bowling/dining option at Splitsville.

If she hasn't done dinner at 1900 Park Fare, you might re-consider the character dining option. With Cinderella's stepmother/stepsisters in attendance, it's not the typical character dining experience.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter