Mears Connect Buses “Kneel”

LoveToDisney

Always needing another Disney trip!
When Mears Connect was asked thru email if they provided a step stool on-board to assist passengers getting onto and off of the stairs to their bus.

Their reply was:
“Our shuttle vans provide our guest with stepping stools to ease their
boarding and unloading. Our MEARS buses will kneel with the same purpose.”

Have any DISers seen the Mears Connect buses kneel? I’ve been traveling with a ECV (which gets placed underneath) and using a cane to go up those steps with difficulty because that first step is so steep. No driver EVER offered to kneel (lower) the bus to help me get onto or off the bus.

I thought this was important information to share with others who may need it.

Even when it is "kneeling", it is still really high for that first step, there should be a stool for that in my opinion.
OP stated he uses a cane to get on bus from what I have found most of the steps do not help when using a cane. not room enough on step stools to place cane. on a tourist train in our area I have found putting cane on first high step and pulling up on rail helps me the most

When Mears Connect was asked thru email if they provided a step stool on-board to assist passengers getting onto and off of the stairs to their bus.

Their reply was:
“Our shuttle vans provide our guest with stepping stools to ease their
boarding and unloading. Our MEARS buses will kneel with the same purpose.”

Have any DISers seen the Mears Connect buses kneel? I’ve been traveling with a ECV (which gets placed underneath) and using a cane to go up those steps with difficulty because that first step is so steep. No driver EVER offered to kneel (lower) the bus to help me get onto or off the bus.

I thought this was important information to share with others who may need it.
Mears Connect uses 2 types of vehicles according to their website. Both are in this screenshot I took from their website.
IMG_3201.jpeg
The smaller, shuttle van on the top of the screenshot is the one they would be talking about having a stepping stool for. I haven't used one of the Mears ones, but have used similar ones where the driver provided a step stool for everyone to board with. I would agree with Betty that it might not help much with a cane.
The other big bus is similar to the buses that were used by Disney's Magical Express, which we used from the time they started until they were discontinued. They were actually a contracted service between Disney and Mears. I never saw one of the Magical Express buses kneel. Even if these are all new buses and do kneel and tilt, the steps would still be narrow and steep because the seating floor is above the luggage area.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter