Mears Connect Experience

My second one-way (airport to resort) Mears Connect experience!

I booked in the late afternoon on 2/23 when I had a flight landing at noon on 2/24. Never got an email confirmation and wasn't sure if I'd get a QR code, but I got the text with the QR code before our flight landed. Easy peasy.

It was quiet as usual, we only waited a few minutes before being put on an empty bus. Driver asked where we were headed (Movies) and took our luggage. Once the bus filled up after maybe 15-20 minutes (though not actually full), the driver read off the list of resorts, maybe 5. Movies was not on this list, and we raised our hands when he asked who was not going to any of those resorts. One other girl raised her hand, she was going to AKL. He said he was not going to these resorts (strange since he asked when he took our luggage...) and had us get off the bus and got us our luggage, and one of the workers standing in the bus area brought us back inside to the counter right by the doors. I didn't hear their discussions other than "just use the shuttle" which meant putting us and the girl going to AKL on one of the small shuttle vans parked there. No problem, this probably got us to our resort faster than the regular bus would anyways since we only had two stops, AKL was first then Movies. Getting off the bus and onto the shuttle took maybe 10 minutes so it was far from being a disaster. Our driver spouted facts about Disney the entire ride, pointing out many things on the drive to the resorts.

Overall we were happy with the outcome and would continue to book the one-way to the resort. Super economical for two people. We like to use an Uber/Lyft XL back to MCO since we only leave an hour for security and bag drop with pre-check. Today, our Lyft XL was about $43 pre-tip from Movies to MCO at 1:45PM.

Does anyone have a photo of the van / shuttle? Wary of going in one with a toddler and baby.

Does anyone have a photo of the van / shuttle? Wary of going in one with a toddler and baby.

I think this why if I book a service I'm going with Sunshine Flyer where they only have busses.

It looks like this! Never traveled with kids so can’t comment on safety but it was maybe 5 rows and there are seatbelts.

Attachments

• 4C6EA8FD-FF6D-4F6E-8945-F4ECA68EFC2E.jpeg
    4C6EA8FD-FF6D-4F6E-8945-F4ECA68EFC2E.jpeg
    90.6 KB · Views: 16
I had my first Mears Connect experience yesterday, resort to airport only. About 20 minutes before my pick up time, I got a text with tracking information for my bus. The tracking did not work and it showed the vehicle in downtown Orlando. That caused a bit of a panic. My bus did show up at BLT, about 10 minutes
late. I was the first on the bus. It then stopped at Contemporary, Poly, and Shades of Green. I was to the airport about 60 minutes after I was picked up. Overall it was a fine experience but nothing to write home about. I am often a solo traveler, so the price makes more sense to me than a $35-60. Uber/Lyft. I would use the service again. I am also interested in trying the Sunshine Flyer.

While this comment has nothing to do with the Mears service... We travel quite a bit, and 4 hours seem the norm for pick up when booking most transportation...either for domestic or international travel... We are going to Disneyland... our return flight leaves LAX at 12:45ish, and our pick-up is 8:30am...

We have friends that have had some bad experiences... missing flights due to long long lines at the airport, going through security, and checking bags... Our friends came back from Italy and had a 4 hour layover in Boston, and almost missed their connector to Orlando... between going through immigration, getting their bags, rechecking their bags and going back through security, they ended up running to the plane... our other friends missed their flight last week, coming home from Colorado... They got to the airport 2 hours ahead of time, it took 2 hours just to check their bags, and go through security... the flight had left before they ever made it air-side... In both cases, not enough people willing to work were to blame for long lines and delays...
I am speaking about domestic flights.
We have traveled to Disney dozens of times in the past 15 years. We never received a 4 hour pick up window for a domestic flight. Always 3 hours as was stated on the website and in travel information. We have traveled all days of the week and at different times of day and never missed a flight while always having time to grab a bite to ear before boarding.

Just took Sunshine Flyer yesterday.
I am uploading photos now. The outside is decorated to look like a train but it looks just like the Mears buses on the inside. I will upload a couple of pictures of the inside a bit.

IMG_8791.jpg
IMG_8790.jpg

We stayed at Jambo. Sunshine Flyer picked up one other family at All Star and straight to the airport. I didn't like the cloth backed seats on ME so this was nicer.

Can you walk up and pay at the airport for MC? I want to use Uber or Lyft depending on the price, but would use MC if the dynamic pricing makes it too expensive.

You don’t need a car seat. You can use a cares harness on flights (we decided against it as our 2 year old (28 lb) will try to wiggle out of it for sure and the chest clip can choke; wish they had a 5 point harness and airlines provided something instead) but some flights restrict its use on particular seats. Some flight attendants will not allow you to use the cares harness all together and rules don’t matter (United has the most cited issues). For uber/Lyft you can request a car with a car seat.

We are going in April and don’t see a car seat as necessary. There are belts on the bus which our kids use. We have 3 kids and someone has to push the stroller, carry on, diaper bag, 3 pieces of luggage. Getting on the flight we use our Colugo carrier so our 2 year old doesn’t run off.
Same, last trip we had a 2 year old. Used a cares harness on the flight and sandwiched her tightly between two adults on the bus. No problems.

Can you walk up and pay at the airport for MC? I want to use Uber or Lyft depending on the price, but would use MC if the dynamic pricing makes it too expensive.
Yes but what airline? One Ride.shate pickup is outside SW baggage claim. You can wait a few minutes and hope lyft or Uber will come down. Or schlep your luggage up to level 3, walk diagonally across the terminal then down to level 1.

Or book a car service. With a grocery stop. More expensive then regular ride share but less then dynamic pricing

My second one-way (airport to resort) Mears Connect experience!

I booked in the late afternoon on 2/23 when I had a flight landing at noon on 2/24. Never got an email confirmation and wasn't sure if I'd get a QR code, but I got the text with the QR code before our flight landed. Easy peasy.

It was quiet as usual, we only waited a few minutes before being put on an empty bus. Driver asked where we were headed (Movies) and took our luggage. Once the bus filled up after maybe 15-20 minutes (though not actually full), the driver read off the list of resorts, maybe 5. Movies was not on this list, and we raised our hands when he asked who was not going to any of those resorts. One other girl raised her hand, she was going to AKL. He said he was not going to these resorts (strange since he asked when he took our luggage...) and had us get off the bus and got us our luggage, and one of the workers standing in the bus area brought us back inside to the counter right by the doors. I didn't hear their discussions other than "just use the shuttle" which meant putting us and the girl going to AKL on one of the small shuttle vans parked there. No problem, this probably got us to our resort faster than the regular bus would anyways since we only had two stops, AKL was first then Movies. Getting off the bus and onto the shuttle took maybe 10 minutes so it was far from being a disaster. Our driver spouted facts about Disney the entire ride, pointing out many things on the drive to the resorts.

Overall we were happy with the outcome and would continue to book the one-way to the resort. Super economical for two people. We like to use an Uber/Lyft XL back to MCO since we only leave an hour for security and bag drop with pre-check. Today, our Lyft XL was about $43 pre-tip from Movies to MCO at 1:45PM.

How long is reasonable to expect the Uber/Lyft to take getting back to airport? Meaning when should you actually order it for pickup? I know Magical Express used to be 3 hours and Orlando has always been extremely busy when we go through security. One time it was over an hour just to get through the line to get in the personal belonging line.

Yes but what airline? One Ride.shate pickup is outside SW baggage claim. You can wait a few minutes and hope lyft or Uber will come down. Or schlep your luggage up to level 3, walk diagonally across the terminal then down to level 1.

Or book a car service. With a grocery stop. More expensive then regular ride share but less then dynamic pricing
Delta so we’ll already be on the B side. We don’t need a grocery stop as my parents will be driving down the next day. I am trying to save money if possible.

Delta so we’ll already be on the B side. We don’t need a grocery stop as my parents will be driving down the next day. I am trying to save money if possible.
I'd check both Lyft and Uber. If it's a high wait a few minutes, bathroom or coffee,then try again still high go with bus

On second thought Mears Connect for 2 people should be a few dollars less then even regular ride share pricing. Buying Mears ticket in advance would save you time. Might save money if Mears decides to charge more for walkups

On second thought Mears Connect for 2 people should be a few dollars less then even regular ride share pricing. Buying Mears ticket in advance would save you time. Might save money if Mears decides to charge more for walkups
It’s myself and 2 kids; so cost is $43 which is around the same price as Lyft/Uber if Ride Guru is to be believed.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter