Mears Connect Experience

Now that Magical Express is gone, I'm curious how riding Mears Connect compares. Is it slower, more stops, etc.?
We went in Feb 2022 and it was really good. Much shorter wait times than we've seen in the past with Magical Express. Possible because more people were opting for Uber, etc. The driver was SUPER friendly and trying hard to be helpful. We made the usual # of stops on the way to our resort so I give it a thumbs up.

5 stops? Is this what other people are experiencing? I’d hate to be the last stop… private transport is looking like a better option (aside from cost obviously).

We had three stops when we used Mears; two other stops before ours.

People thought Uber and Lyft might be cheaper. Idk about that. I saw a vlogger trying to get from their apartment, Orlando, to the airport, MCO, at 5 am. His post showed a price over $100 for a ride pick up in 15 minutes.
I’m sure 5am is one of the worst to try. At 7pm on a Saturday night XL was jumping between $65-$85.

DH and I took a lyft from MCO to Dolphin on 3/31 at 12:05pm and the cost was $50 including 20% tip. On 4/4 we took a Lyft back to MCO from Dolphin at 4:22pm and it was $40.80 including 20% tip. Well worth every penny spent. I think the price depends on the demand/availability of drivers. We do generally find that Lyft is slightly less than Uber, but we compare first before ordering one.

Wanted to share my Mears Connect experience.

Friday April 22 - MCO -> POP - I landed at at 12:50, off plane by 1. Did a quick washroom break and was in the main terminal and at Mears by 1:15. On a bus by 1:25 and leaving MCO by 1:40. We went under the Disney Arch at 2:08 and then there were 3 drop offs before me at POP - Riviera, BWI,Yacht Club. I was at POP and off the shuttle by 2:40. A bit slower than I had hoped for but oh well.

Friday April 29 - AOA -> MCO - My flight to Toronto was at 2:30pm. My shuttle arrived at 10:20am, we were loaded and boarded and leaving by 10:25. Went over to POP and it took quite a while to get everybody and their bags loaded up and then we left there by 10:50. We arrived at MCO by 11:30am.

We just took a bus from Mears Connect to Pop Century. We got in about 30 minutes early at 6:11 pm, but luggage took over 30 minutes to arrive. We were on the A side, so up to level 3 and across to terminal B. Mears had emailed us the day before with our QR code. We waited in line for less than 10 minutes and the bus left 18 minutes after we checked in. The drive over took about 30 minutes with stops at Riviera, CBR and then Pop (AOA was last). Total time from checking in to getting luggage at the resort was about an hour. Overall, we were happy with the experience and would utilize Mears again.

I have taken Mears twice now since January. Booked the standard service and each time our MCO to WDW trip resulted in a private van.

They are serious about the WDW to MCO pick up time. Our last trip the driver had zero tolerance for a party no show. He waited 5 minutes and then called it in to dispatch and was told to leave.

They need to leave on time otherwise other guests are held up. Magical Express had a lot of reported problems of delaying for late guests.

Sometimes what appears to be a no-show is a guest getting on an earlier bus.

It is still a good idea to shoot to be back at your resort an hour before your shuttle back to the airport.

Last edited:
Excellent experience with Mears Connect Friday 5/27 returning today 5/31. Quick email confirmation, email with arrival information and barcode arrived on time and it was very easy to adjust to our flight changes inbound and outbound via the website.

On arrival we boarded a coach and left the airport almost immediately and were the first stop (POFQ) they were heading to POR after that.

Pickup was on time, and we stopped at POR on the way to the airport, we waited exactly 5 minutes from the scheduled pick-up time for the party with the reservation and then left without them.

I happened to be in the second row and the driver was friendly and chatty. She said the office will send one text to the number on file and if they don't hear back, they wait 5 minutes before leaving.

Last edited:
Never used Mears Connect before. Can anyone tell me if its worth booking with Mears or should I stick with ordering a lyft/uber? My flight is 6/15 and is scheduled to arrive at 11pm. I have only done Lyft/uber since the magical express service ended. I have had varying experiences from getting a car immediately to waiting close 30 minutes or more for a driver. I am just trying to weigh which service is more reliable for me at such a late time. I am headed to the All Star Sports resort.

If anyone could give me any insight that would be great!

The comments are at the end of the show. There is an article on wdwinfo.com from a contributor regarding their experience with Mears Connect.

Any recent experience with early morning pick-ups back to the airport? Our reservation with Mears Connect has a pick-up time of 2:35 AM. Nervous about a no-show I guess and then wondering what to do if that happens.

Any recent experience with early morning pick-ups back to the airport? Our reservation with Mears Connect has a pick-up time of 2:35 AM. Nervous about a no-show I guess and then wondering what to do if that happens.
We did an early return to MCO last month using Mears. I honestly can't remember the exact time. It was before 5, but not 2:35. Bus was on time. We were the first of three pickup locations and the bus was quite full by the time we got to the airport. We did not encounter any problems

Are the Mears Connect busses traveling to Disney Resorts only, or do they make other stops? Years ago, when I had a business trip at the Hilton Bonnet Creek I used a Mears van, and it stopped at so many darn hotels I had never seen before, I really missed the Disney bubble!! Anyway, our last trip was August, so we had Magical Express both ways and I am trying to sort through the options to make the best choice for our family. I know that Mears operated Magical Express, and we had to collect our own luggage in August, so I am guessing it would have the same "feel" as that last trip - minus the Disney magic of theming of course. Do these busses depart from what was the Magical Express loading zone?

Are the Mears Connect busses traveling to Disney Resorts only, or do they make other stops? Years ago, when I had a business trip at the Hilton Bonnet Creek I used a Mears van, and it stopped at so many darn hotels I had never seen before, I really missed the Disney bubble!! Anyway, our last trip was August, so we had Magical Express both ways and I am trying to sort through the options to make the best choice for our family. I know that Mears operated Magical Express, and we had to collect our own luggage in August, so I am guessing it would have the same "feel" as that last trip - minus the Disney magic of theming of course. Do these busses depart from what was the Magical Express loading zone?
They stop at the Swan, Dolphin, Swan Reserve, and several Disney-adjacent properties.
The loading zone is the same as Magical Express. The buses and drivers are the same. They have removed the Disney wraps from the buses, of course.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter