Mears Connect Experience

I should have a pickup around 3:30 am for a 6:30 flight. I don't think Sunshine Flyer will do that.

Have had only one issue with Mears Connect when my suitcase fell out of the bus at Coronado on the way to Allstar Music. Disney returned it to Allstar Music.

Hi all. For those who have used Mears Connect recently, do they charge your credit card immediately when you book your transportation or on your day of arrival? Thanks!!

Now that Magical Express is gone, I'm curious how riding Mears Connect compares. Is it slower, more stops, etc.?
Yes immediate charge but you can cancel for a credit up to 48 hours before the reservation.

Has anyone used Mears Connect to go to a Disney Springs hotel? Wondering what the order of stops would be.

Has anyone used Mears Connect to go to a Disney Springs hotel? Wondering what the order of stops would be.
I haven’t gone to a DS hotel with Mears but I have been on a Mears bus who stopped at 7 hotels and one of those hotels was a DS hotel. The driver decides what hotel is first/last. Even though we should have been dropped off at SSR after the DS hotel drop off (which was across from SSR), the bus next went to the Magic Kingdom hotels and dropped us off at SSR as the very last stop (1-1/2 hours on the bus).
One of the stops that took a long time was at the airport going from terminal A to terminal C-they had to drive EXTREMELY slowly between terminals. It seemed to take 15min just for that extra stop at which we picked up 2 people.

We were disappointed with Mears. This may seem nit-picky but my yardstick is DME, as it should be;
  • We flew into terminal C. There was no queue, no special welcoming, just a lady at a desk asking for our papers. Once confirmed she just casually pointed to the other side of the waiting area, go wait over there, nowhere to sit, no...nothing.
  • Ride to the resort was ok. Nothing special, no entertainment. Multiple stops but DME was too
So, OK - they got us there. Going back was what irked us and, let's be real, that's the last impression I was left with;
  • 9a flight, we were told to be ready at 6a. We were, the bus was 20 minutes late. Why?
  • We were the 2nd of 4 stops. That seems like a lot.
  • Nothing special on the way back, that is, if you don't count the CHRISTIAN ROCK RADIO STATION. That's right, we were subjected to the bus driver's Christian Rock. It's like they say, even God hates Creed, but not our bus driver.
LSS - we are done with Mears. There are other, more service oriented options that are only marginally more expensive - some are even cheaper when you have a larger group, and we are a family of 5, so we are. If Disney brings back DME that would be a different story. That was special, our vacation did begin with the bus ride (or when we dropped our bags off at the airport when they also had the baggage service). Mears is just - meh. It's passable, that's it - and we are now paying for it so it should be BETTER than DME. It is not, by a long shot.

Nothing special on the way back, that is, if you don't count the CHRISTIAN ROCK RADIO STATION. That's right, we were subjected to the bus driver's Christian Rock. It's like they say, even God hates Creed, but not our bus driver.
This cracked me up! On my last pick up with Mears - the bus was about 10 minutes late - not a huge issue - but still.. The driver was great - she had to load my scooter and the ramp was screwed in very tight. Boarded the bus and the 1st song that played on her song selection was all about going to heaven... 🚑 and then a bunch more similar Christian rock - found it strange but then again I use LYFT frequently and most often it's some type of RAP playing. Personally I don't listen to either and would probably select NEWS or Disney music.

This cracked me up! On my last pick up with Mears - the bus was about 10 minutes late - not a huge issue - but still.. The driver was great - she had to load my scooter and the ramp was screwed in very tight. Boarded the bus and the 1st song that played on her song selection was all about going to heaven... 🚑 and then a bunch more similar Christian rock - found it strange but then again I use LYFT frequently and most often it's some type of RAP playing. Personally I don't listen to either and would probably select NEWS or Disney music.
I will say my Uber music selections have been something with my kids in the car. Lots of words to explain...

We were disappointed with Mears. This may seem nit-picky but my yardstick is DME, as it should be;
  • We flew into terminal C. There was no queue, no special welcoming, just a lady at a desk asking for our papers. Once confirmed she just casually pointed to the other side of the waiting area, go wait over there, nowhere to sit, no...nothing.
  • Ride to the resort was ok. Nothing special, no entertainment. Multiple stops but DME was too
So, OK - they got us there. Going back was what irked us and, let's be real, that's the last impression I was left with;
  • 9a flight, we were told to be ready at 6a. We were, the bus was 20 minutes late. Why?
  • We were the 2nd of 4 stops. That seems like a lot.
  • Nothing special on the way back, that is, if you don't count the CHRISTIAN ROCK RADIO STATION. That's right, we were subjected to the bus driver's Christian Rock. It's like they say, even God hates Creed, but not our bus driver.
LSS - we are done with Mears. There are other, more service oriented options that are only marginally more expensive - some are even cheaper when you have a larger group, and we are a family of 5, so we are. If Disney brings back DME that would be a different story. That was special, our vacation did begin with the bus ride (or when we dropped our bags off at the airport when they also had the baggage service). Mears is just - meh. It's passable, that's it - and we are now paying for it so it should be BETTER than DME. It is not, by a long shot.

Ugh. I came here to get some pricing and info about Mears and now I know I will not use them. I'm an atheist and 1-1.5 hours of Christian Rock would be enough to push me over the edge. I would be very grumpy and pissed off to have been proselytized all the way to my resort or airport. That's not a good way to start or end your vacation. At least you can ask an Uber driver to turn off their music.

Ugh. I came here to get some pricing and info about Mears and now I know I will not use them. I'm an atheist and 1-1.5 hours of Christian Rock would be enough to push me over the edge. I would be very grumpy and pissed off to have been proselytized all the way to my resort or airport. That's not a good way to start or end your vacation. At least you can ask an Uber driver to turn off their music.
Exactly. DW is Catholic, I am Methodist, but we both found it to be inappropriate . After all, we are also from Long Beach - would you rather hear Snoop Dogg for the duration? I have no problem with that - he's just a local artist to us - but we get it, it's offensive.

FWIW - we also wrote an email to Mears - no response.

Exactly. DW is Catholic, I am Methodist, but we both found it to be inappropriate . After all, we are also from Long Beach - would you rather hear Snoop Dogg for the duration? I have no problem with that - he's just a local artist to us - but we get it, it's offensive.

FWIW - we also wrote an email to Mears - no response.

Well, that's too bad since they lost 2 round trip tickets and 2 one way tickets from our family in September. I guess they're fine with losing $90 so their drivers can evangelize while on the job.

So we booked Mears to get us to our resort, however we didn’t book a ride back to the airport. For those who have used Uber to the airport, how was your experience?

Thank you!

We used uber for our return to the airport during our last trip and it worked well. We only had to wait a few minutes for the driver. It seems like Uber drivers circle the resorts because they know they will get business.

They will load guests from multiple queues onto one bus...

On our last trip, we waited on the bus at our terminal for about a half hour before we got going. Which I was okay with, until they stopped at a SECOND terminal to load more passengers while we waited some more. Luckily we happened to be the first stop, but obviously it could have been a longer trip if we'd have been one of the last stops. Considering I wasn't thrilled with the arrival trip, the fact that they deserted us upon the return trip was the last straw for us.

Just wanted to share our experience since I had previously inquired about taking the Mears shuttle to a Disney Springs hotel. We waited about 5 minutes after checking in, then got put onto a 10 passenger van with 1 other family that paid for the express option and going to CSR. They were dropped off first since they opted for express, then we were the 2nd and last stop. We checked in to the Mears counter at 12:35 pm and are pulling up to our hotel at 1:25 (this is on a Saturday), so I am perfectly satisfied with that. And there was no music playing in the van or anything offensive.

We had kind of a worst case scenario experience of the time it can take getting to WDW on our trip last month. Flight landed in Orlando on time at 9:35am, but then we sat on the runway for almost half an hour waiting for a gate. Once we got our bags and got to the Mears Connect area we were able to get on a bus immediately, which was great. We didn't sit for too long before taking off, but of course, had to do the terminal C stop, which added time. Then the driver told us we would be making 6 resort stops. We were number 6 (Contemporary). It was about 12:15 when we were finally dropped off, so almost 3 hours from touch down to resort. It was fine and the driver was great, but definitely not the speediest method of transportation.

For the trip back to the airport we were picked up right on time as the first pick up stop (from Boardwalk) and then made two more stops before heading to the airport. Our flight ended up being massively delayed, so we had many hours to kill once we got there, but had that not happened the timing of the return trip would have worked out just fine. Driver was also great for the trip back, no Christian rock to be heard on either trip.

We had kind of a worst case scenario experience of the time it can take getting to WDW on our trip last month. Flight landed in Orlando on time at 9:35am, but then we sat on the runway for almost half an hour waiting for a gate. Once we got our bags and got to the Mears Connect area we were able to get on a bus immediately, which was great. We didn't sit for too long before taking off, but of course, had to do the terminal C stop, which added time. Then the driver told us we would be making 6 resort stops. We were number 6 (Contemporary). It was about 12:15 when we were finally dropped off, so almost 3 hours from touch down to resort. It was fine and the driver was great, but definitely not the speediest method of transportation.

For the trip back to the airport we were picked up right on time as the first pick up stop (from Boardwalk) and then made two more stops before heading to the airport. Our flight ended up being massively delayed, so we had many hours to kill once we got there, but had that not happened the timing of the return trip would have worked out just fine. Driver was also great for the trip back, no Christian rock to be heard on either trip.

Does Mears always stop at terminal C? When we used them in June, we did not stop at terminal C and honestly I forgot there was one until I read your post. I wonder why our bus didn’t go there?

Does Mears always stop at terminal C? When we used them in June, we did not stop at terminal C and honestly I forgot there was one until I read your post. I wonder why our bus didn’t go there?

Ours stopped at Terminal C and picked up more passengers. I would say we got off our plane at 10:30am and we were at our resort by 12:30pm. We were the second stop (AKL).

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter