Mears Connect Experience

Used Mears Connect a couple of weeks ago at around 8+pm to get from MCO to All Star Sports.

Very easy trip - didn't have too long of a wait before the bus left MCO (maybe around 10 minutes). Bus stopped at Pop, AoA, CSR, then All Star Sports - I'd guess it was continuing on to the other All Stars.

On the way back I opted to take Uber/Lyft from the Dolphin to MCO. Mainly because I didn't want to deal with the stress of having a fixed time pickup (I always take ages to pack when leaving a hotel room) or having multiple stops before going to MCO.

We did mears before the merger with sunshine and the bus to the resort was quick and not crowded. I think we were first drop off at Pop. But going back to the airport I was confused as it was one of those big 15 or so passenger vans. The driver was very nice but we were first pickup and we had to climb all the way into the back furthermost 2 seats as we were first picked up. That was hard with my disabilities but doable. We stopped at several hotels and we filled up every single seat on the van. We were at the airport in plenty of time especially since our flight was delayed but I did not like the experience of being crowded into that van. Claustrophobia was pretty bad. Only saving thing was the window beside me at least.

Yeah. I'm just hoping switching to an Uber won't be an issue for us if we are in this situation in January. I wish rental cars weren't so expensive or we'd just do that.
Same. I've been looking at them since joining DVC (yay free parking!), but the cost is always significantly more than an Uber to and from the airport.

Yeah. I'm just hoping switching to an Uber won't be an issue for us if we are in this situation in January. I wish rental cars weren't so expensive or we'd just do that.
Would you consider booking Mears one-way, airport to WDW, and planning on an Uber/Lyft back to the airport? You don’t have to book Mears RT.

Well, we already booked it RT. And honestly, our son would do best on a bus, I think. He's autistic and this past year or so, he freaks out and won't get into cars that aren't driven by us (no idea why and he can't tell us.) So it would be ideal for a bus to take us back to the airport as well. But if it came down to a van vs. Uber....I think Uber would be slightly better than a van but we'd likely need to physically put him in either, literally kicking and screaming. I'm hoping to avoid that by doing the bus.

We just returned from a trip last week and used Mears both ways. No issues either time. Leaving MCO we got right on a bus and sat for about 10 minutes before leaving. Ours was the third stop, but the first two were All-Stars resorts so took only 10 minutes total for both. Going back to MCO we were at the stop a bit early when a bus came. Ours wasn't scheduled for another 30 minutes, but the driver called to make sure our scheduled driver wasn't arleady on his way and got the all clear to take us. Went straight to the airport. Both buses were clean and we had plenty of room.

Just used Mears both ways on my last trip and it was fine. I always consider the Mears/Uber split but it always comes down to do I want to pay so much more for convenience and at WDW that would be a no.

At DLR I only did the shared van a few times and that was enough to know that with how close the Uber and the shared van prices are, the Uber is the better choice.

I also miss the days of inexpensive car rentals or the one day rental and return at the Dolphin. Driving around Orlando is so easy.

Regarding my most recent Mears use (end of September) - I did not reserve far in advance - actually requested pick up from MCO to All Star Sports the day prior to arrival. Due to local LYFT nightmare (NJ to LGA) I missed my scheduled flight and contacted Mears just to be sure time change wouldn't be an issue - and it wasn't. Landed several hours later than expected and went to Mears location, was directed to a line for Sports - waited for bus to load for about 15 minutes or so - 35 minutes later got to Sports. Seamless & easy. Very unexciting, uneventful and peaceful ride.
Returning to MCO I actually was fine with a 3 hour before my flight took off time (due to mentioned LYFT nightmare) and once again - no issues.
The time factor was minimal especially given the lower cost - and my distrust of LYFT is pretty strong right now so I'll opt for alternatives where available.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter