Mears or Town Car

Kirby

DIS Veteran
I'm trying to decide which way to go. Should we go the cheaper route and ride a Mears van or reserve a town car to pick us up.

I know that we can request a grocery stop if we go the town car route. But it is more expensive.

Has anyone had any experience with Mears? About how long can I count on it taking to arrive at our hotel. I know that they will be others in the vehicle going to other places. We're staying at SOG or we would do the ME.

I've used Mears before and it was fine. It does take a fair amount of addtl time though. It was well over 90 mins from gate to my resort....Dolphin...when I used it.
Which would I do? If it was just me, it would be Mears. It's $36 r/t for an adult, so if your child is over 11, that's going to be $72 r/t trip for two. A car service will be around $100 or so. It would be worth it to me to spend the addtl $50 or so and get a car service and make the stop. Less time as well.

That's what I was thinking but wanted some input on Mears.

I noticed that there is a FL Tours ad at the top of the page. I'm guessing that they are as good as anyone else? I've seen Tiffany Towncar mentioned on these boards also.

I've used both Tiffany and FL Tours...both have been fine. FL Tours went through some difficulties years ago and some have a long memory and won't use them now. But, I've used them several times since they changed management, and the issues were dealt with and my experiences were great. I have no problem recommending either of those companies.

Just used FL Tours - they were great! Stop at the store saved money on drinks and snacks. If your party is more than one person, definitely a good value.

We are 4 people - all over age 18 - less expensive by the town car service

Unless we take Magical Express by Disney Transportation

We've used Town Car Now our last 2 trips and been very pleased with their service!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter