Mears vs. Yourride?

mirmatt

Mouseketeer
We need to make the arrangements since we are leaving tomorrow evening for DW. Mears will cost us 59 dollars and Yourride will cost 80. Is it really worth the 21 dollars? Can you explain why it is so much better? Also, will they go to a character warehouse rather than a grocery store for the 30 minutes. Thanks, Marla (There are three of us)

Mears is slow -- it makes lots and lots of stops. Unless you are the first stop, your trip could be atleast twice as long. I will use YOur Ride for first time in Feb. I have used Mears in the past.

Renee

We took Mears once....we waited at the airport for close to an hour for the bus to arrive, then another hour to get to the hotel because of the stops in between. On the way back was much quicker as we only had to share a van with 4 other people......Yourride is tops!! You have someone waiting for JUST you at the airport and they will take you directly to your hotel. IMHO, its vacation and you deserve to be treated like a king, take the Yourride (if you can splurge ask for a limo, almost $100 dollars more but WOW and its great watching everyone looking at you!!)

Take Your Ride!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

We did for our trip in November. Jim was excellent! I am not sure about the grocery stop. We stopped at a neighborhood Publix store. I would either call or send Rabbit an e-mail:
They are a sponsor of these boards. You should find the link here.

Go with Yourride!!!! It's totally worth the extra $21.... You can stop at Publix for up to 30 minutes... I think we were in there a total of 10 minutes, mostly running around trying to figure out where everything was!

They drive you right to the door of your resort and pick you up. You're not squished into a bus or van and touring other resorts before you finally get to your resort. It's your vacation.... do you want to waste your vacation time??

Go with Rabbit and you won't be dissappointed

YRT I can't say enough good things about them...I am sure you will not be disapointed....its like having Disney service greet you at the baggae claim. I hope you enjoy them as much as our family of 3 did.:D

Definitely Yourride!!!!!!!!

I went through the same debat when planning my trip in October earlier this year. Just my husband and I and it was my first time using a towncar company, so I did intensive research to justify the extra cost associated with the towncar.

Now I am back and can tell you the reason why I want to spend that extra money:

1. On time-service: When you are on the esclator recovering from the rough ride in the air (I hate flying), you see the bright smile of your Yourride driver waiting for you at the end of the esclator. Also, when you are on the last day of your trip, your driver is also waiting for you with another big smile to take you to the airport, although you don't want to.

2. Professional service: The car is always clean for just you, no other family. The ride is always safe and smooth. And you can ask all questions you have about Orlando, Florida, and Disney to your driver, who will give you nothing but great answers.

3. Free grocery stop: Bottled water is essential to a healthy visit to Disney. For the money you save from shopping at a local grocery store than at the expensive Disney shop, you will be able to justify the extra money on taking Yourride instantly.

Hope it helps!

Yourride is tops!!

We just used them about 2 weeks ago and they were great. We went in to Publix and Rabbit let the kids stay in the vehicle and watch Monsters Inc. while we shopped.

IT WILL DEFINITELY BE WORTH A FEW DOLLARS MORE!!

I will give you a warning about Yourride if you use them. I was quoted a price of $80.00 over the phone and when we were picked up and I charged the amount, I was charged $85.00 (I did have a $5.00 coupon), but the fact remains that I was charged more than I was quoted over the phone. I did not mention it when the driver handed me the receipt, for I was with friends who were on a budget and I didn't want to put any dent in their trip. I would normally NEVER let that happen, but I didn't want to cause a scene.

Another thing, I was not given a confirmation number either. I normally NEVER let that happen either. I had way too many things going on right before my trip to WDW to really be the planner that I typically am. You live and you learn!

:(

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter