• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Med Disney private tour

Constant

Mouseketeer
Hi all,

We are going on a med cruise in a few weeks time and have a member of the group who has restricted mobility and can't do the regular tour. We have decided to go through Disney for the private tour when in Florence by mini bus. We have reserved the guide option and I asked would we be able to speak to them ahead of time and work out the itinerary. We were told that we would be best to carry on researching and port adventures team on board would speak to us when we get on board?! This seems a little strange, we have a tour in Barcelona and have already sorted what we want to do. We have ruled out a private tour although I know lots of people have without issue, it will remove a lot of anxiety for the member of our party to know we are in Disney's hands.

So has anyone got experience of private tours with Disney, is it that they will get us into places if arranged on the boat, we would rather spend quality time in fewer places with a quality guide?

Thanks for any help or reassurance?

Hi all,

We are going on a med cruise in a few weeks time and have a member of the group who has restricted mobility and can't do the regular tour. We have decided to go through Disney for the private tour when in Florence by mini bus. We have reserved the guide option and I asked would we be able to speak to them ahead of time and work out the itinerary. We were told that we would be best to carry on researching and port adventures team on board would speak to us when we get on board?! This seems a little strange, we have a tour in Barcelona and have already sorted what we want to do. We have ruled out a private tour although I know lots of people have without issue, it will remove a lot of anxiety for the member of our party to know we are in Disney's hands.

So has anyone got experience of private tours with Disney, is it that they will get us into places if arranged on the boat, we would rather spend quality time in fewer places with a quality guide?

Thanks for any help or reassurance?

I have booked DCL tours like this and found it quite frustrating, even with concierge getting answers was difficult, we did them for Cabo San Lucas and Berlin and Porta Vallarta , I now book direct my one do I can communicate with the company direct and save money.

Florance is a fairly set route however it's motorways ( freeways) there and back taking about 90 mins each way without a stop and fairly limited time there, often DCL private tours follow the same routes as their standard shore trips as there run by the same people.

Your likely to start with a hill stop stop overview of Florence there is a large park car park area looking over the river and city, Most of the day will be spent amongst the beauty of Florence, with highlights as follows:
  1. A panoramic view of the city from up high in Piazzale Michelangelo
  2. The Romanesque church of Santa Croce, burial place of Michelangelo, Galileo and Rossini
  3. The incredible cathedral of Santa Maria del Fiore
  4. Piazza della Signoria, featuring a copy of the statue of David and medieval Palazzo Vecchio
  5. Ponte Vecchio, the legendary 14th century bridge
  6. The biggest names in fashion as well as unique, local boutiques
  7. The Accademia (original sculpture of David) and Uffizi galleries

Personally I would have said use these.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter