medical facililty on the magic

pagemaker

Mouseketeer
PhillyCB's post reminded me to ask 2 questions I've been putting off until now...

OK... here goes number 1...

Does anyone know if the medical facility onboard the magic has the ability to monitor anticoagulation levels or "INR" ?
I am on a coumadin regimen for pulmonary emboli, and although I have been cleared by my doctors to cruise, it would be a great comfort to know that I can have my levels checked if needed (hopefully that won't be necessary).

and 2....
Has anyone on these boards cruised post PE or DVT? If so, would you do it again, and why.

Thanks in advance for your answers.
Deb

Deb, I have no idea on the answers to your questions but I strongly urge you to contact DCL (or your TA if you used one) to get their medical clearance form. That will make sure the ship knows about any medical issues or special needs you have. :)

thanks for the quick response Michelle!

i have just emailed my TA regarding this and i am awaiting her response.

do you know if DCL has ever banned anyone from cruising due to medical reasons?

deb

I think that the lack of response means that it's never happened to anyone on the DIS. :D

Has DCL gotten back to your TA?

DCL told my TA that they would have to call her back regarding the specifics i was interested in.
But now I'm getting myself crazy thinking that in some way I will be banned from the cruise.
Can you tell that I have been cooped up inside all day?

deb

I do not believe there is any lab testing available on board (i.e., no lab equipment). Any test, such as PT/PTT and INR would have to be obtained in port at a medical facility with a lab.

Chris

I just had my DD3 Dr. fill hers out. Just medical condition, medication etc. I also sent a copy of all the meds she can't have & will have a copy on my person. Keep it short & sweet but make sure they have all info you feel they need. I hope you have a great trip & don't need the facilities

good advice...i'll remember to keep a copy and bring it onboard with me.
thank you for sharing!
deb

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter