Megan's Bay or Coki Beach???

SweetSpot

DIS Veteran
We aren't planning any DCL excursions but would like to do a beach on our own in St. Thomas or St. John. Does anyone have an opinion on going to Megan's Bay or Coki Beach. Is one much nicer than the other? Is there nudity at either beach? Is one further than the other? Is there another great beach that is better that I don't know about? Any help anyone can give me in deciding is greatly appreciated!

I've been to Coki beach and have never seen any nudity...it was a great place to snorkle since it is right next to coral world, we saw some really beautiful fish there. We went right next door to coral world and rented snorkle gear.

Nudity should only be prevalent in St. Martaan, not St. Thomas as it is in US.

How much does it cost to rent the snokel equipment at Coki Beach? Do they take mastercard?

I really could not even guess at what it is now...it was about 8 years since I was there....

I've been to St. Thomas four times and been to both beaches that you mentioned. I would recommend that you take a taxi to the ferry, then take the ferry to St. John, then take a taxi to Trunk Bay. You'll save alot of money and have an unbelievable experience.

If you want the ease of staying on St Thomas and you like to snorkel, go to Coki. Magen's Bay is breath-takingly beautiful, but there's nothing much to see in the water.

As for equipment rentals, the Coki Beach Dive Club offers everything you need and will even pick you up from the ship and bring you to Coki Beach.

www.cokidive.com

Rent a car and go to both beaches.

But I do agree with jlawall, St John is much nicer.

Dave from Marietta,
Thanks for the cokidive site. My husband and I having been looking for the perfect place to learn to dive and this looks like it. Thanks again.

There is an underwater trail that is perfect for beginners. Plus, it is less commercial than St. Thomas.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

Latest posts

facebook twitter