• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Meghan and Harry in "near catastrophic" car chase

I just watch one of probably 500 clips of them. Why did they travel in a plain old yellow taxi? Wouldn’t it had be better in a bigger car with darken windows? Not talking giagantic car, but something where you can sit a bit away from windows.
An SUV with dark rolled up windows would have made it nearly impossible for photographers to snap photos of the sussex in the vehicle.

An SUV with dark rolled up windows would have made it nearly impossible for photographers to snap photos of the sussex in the vehicle.

Exactly! The ONLY photos taken would have been of them going into and out of a building. They had no problems of photos being taken of them getting into the car that all paparazzi then knew which one to follow. :rolleyes: :rolleyes1

On the one hand, I feel for Harry. But on the other hand, their own CHOICES are what land them into constant and further "crises" all the time where they are constant "victims." Whereas another choice would have gotten them OUT of one.

We'll see (maybe) as more details come out. I think history suggests that they may be exaggerating details but I also think that history suggests that people (not this thread specifically, just general people) are quick to assume that they are making things up.

I can also see that, regardless of how/why the crash that killed Diana happened, Harry might have some level of PTSD-type trauma related to anything even looking like paparazzi causing a "chase'.
People assume anything coming from Meghan or her spokesperson is untrue because of her history of lying, exaggerating, prevaricating, and twisting the facts to portray herself as a victim, aka Diana 2.0. Really, Harry is the only person she really needed to convince that she’s nuDiana and to her credit, she’s done a magnificent job of that. But then, I don’t think it was much of a challenge.

Anyone who has been in NYC knows that high speed chases only happen in the movies.

And the only way a high speed chase could happen (if it were possible) is if THEIR DRIVER was the one speeding and leading it.

So many loose ends to this story that make is fairly incredible ...

I think most are quite weary of their drama.

I'm sure they hired one of the best publicists out there,recommended by some of their hollywood friends.Tip off the paps where and when you'll be somewhere.I seen the clip of them leaving a place with the paps standing there waiting and then harry waving at everyone with a smile as they come out.On the news,I also seen a yellow cab driver being interviewed, talking about them in his car and said there was no problems at all.What a laughing stock and embarrassment he's become since he got involved with her.

People assume anything coming from Meghan or her spokesperson is untrue because of her history of lying, exaggerating, prevaricating, and twisting the facts to portray herself as a victim, aka Diana 2.0. Really, Harry is the only person she really needed to convince that she’s nuDiana and to her credit, she’s done a magnificent job of that. But then, I don’t think it was much of a challenge.

Harry supposedly has gotten therapy. But, it seems they never addressed the fact he has developed a hero complex, stemming from the fact that from a young age to age 11 or 12 when Diana died, he COULDN'T help or save her. He was helpless then. And now, as an adult, he wants desperately to save his wife and family in the ways he couldn't for Diana.

And Meghan, time and time again, gets to play the helpless victim. . . And Harry goes back and forth from emotionally being that young child to needing to be their hero, although THEIR own choices are what land them in the ongoing predicaments. In the beginning, I gave them some sympathy. But, this just goes on and on. And each time they keep crying victim.

And there are times where I wonder if the Royal family has been making concessions for Harry, like inviting him to the coronation, allowing his children to be prince and princess, in case the day comes when even Harry has had enough of all the crises, sees the situation for what it is, and finally divorces Meghan. And there are some events the Royals could never undo, like leaving him out of attending the coronation, etc., and where he will able to loosely make his way back in some fashion.

Anyone who has been in NYC knows that high speed chases only happen in the movies.

And the only way a high speed chase could happen (if it were possible) is if THEIR DRIVER was the one speeding and leading it.

Yes, I loosely traced some of their route from leaving the Ziegfeld Ballroom at 54th St and 6th Ave, which runs east, to the FDR Drive, one of the TWO highways in Manhattan, 6 avenues over, with a stoplight at each intersection. I've taken rides across town that late, and one HAS to stop at least 1-3 times, that time of night, on each block going crosstown. One can't go faster than the cars blocking the streets in front of them.

At 10:30 pm, there is so much traffic in Midtown as many Broadway theatres are letting out and restaurants are busy at that time. Also Radio City Music Hall may have had a performance, so there is traffic in all directions due to that.

There are DOZENS of streets and avenues they could travel. They make their way to a few police precincts, in which the NYPD can't/won't do anything? 🤷‍♀️ Why? Because no serious crime was being been committed?

Yet they make their way onto the ONE highway on the Upper East Side, where they COULD speed at the 80 mph that TMZ reported. Really? Really?

After how Diana died, they CHOOSE to go to a HIGHWAY to escape. REALLY? REALLY?

They could have stopped anywhere along the way and camped out. They could have stayed at one of the police precincts for a number of hours until they could figure some new strategy, like hire more decoy cars and some decoy models even if that takes some hours to assemble. There are in the "city that never sleeps," with hundreds of options available to them. Instead, they and their drivers (they had 4 cars) CHOOSE to get on the ONE highway on the East Side to try to escape. Really? Really? Ludicrous!

They weren't in some remote area of the country where there is only one highway out of Dodge. They had dozens of streets and choices to "get to their friends' place." And even THAT was a choice while they were being followed, harassed and surrounded. I'll give them that they WERE being followed, harassed and surrounded, but THEY make choices that make them constant victims over and over.

Last edited:
I keep thinking about the story in his book where he says he made his driver take him at high speed through that Paris tunnel where his mom died.

He is fixated on that event. He keeps trying to play it over in search of a different ending. I expect that irrational obsession with it has played into him enhancing what happened last night.

We already know they don't always straight up tell the truth.

I understand why he would be obsessed with that crash. If the professionals he has consulted so far in dealing with it aren't helping, he should find someone new.

For the record, when they left the event they attended, this is the car they got into, (presumably the same one they arrived in), a black SUV with blackened windows. (I have seen video.) It was at some point later on, after they claim they were being pursued by paparazzi, that they stopped at a police station and got into a yellow cab in an attempt to lose the people trailing them.

Last edited:
For the record, when they left the event they attended, this is the car they got into, a black SUV with blackened windows. (I have seen video.) It was at some point later on, after they claim they were being pursued by paparazzi, that they stopped at a police station and got into a yellow cab in an attempt to lose the people trailing them.
Yes let's get out of a blacked out SUV and in to a completely see through bright yellow taxi!

So they stopped at a police station to hide out and then everyone decides the best way to get "home" incognito is to get in to a taxi! Yes, okay, that is the dumbest thing I ever heard. IF the Police felt their safety was at risk, if their story held water, if they weren't being dramatic ............... the police would have taken them home in a detectives or other protected vehicle. That alone tells me all I need to hear about their latest tale.

So far most reporting does not match up with their PR team's story. Surprise.

Local NYC ABC news has a clip interviewing the taxi driver. It's not up on their website yet. I'll post it once it's up.

The local NYC ABC news is now saying there seems to be <cough> two conflicting reports of events. The local news went from saying earlier how the Sussexes spokeperson said it was a 2 hour near catastrophic ordeal, to new "facts" emerging after the taxi driver was interviewed. HE says it wasn't really that chaotic. That the paparazzi photogs stayed the respectful distance away from the cab while shooting photos, as he knows the NYC paparazzi do. :rolleyes1 He didn't really look like he was hungry for attention and embellished so he could talk to media. Maybe they didn't tip him well when they got out? :eek: ;)

The news reporter also said they made their way to the 19th police precinct where they DID spend some time there UNTIL the hubbub died down, and that's when they got into a taxi.

TMZ had shown footage of the Sussexes & her mom in the cab and the shot was from about a 4-6 foot distance, which corresponds with the taxi driver. There were no photographers pressed right up against the car windows shooting in, there were no photogs directly blocking the taxi, they would have been in the shot. Their security guard jumped out of the front of the taxi to shoo the pap further away. Then HE didn't get back in the taxi. If they were in that much danger, why wouldn't he have stayed with the taxi?

Also, backtracking, they originally got into a car on W 55th St, which would have taken them west into the HEART of Broadway theatre traffic. Us lowly peasants have to wait quite a while for our car to crawl down 7th Ave and back around the block to a block heading east there is so much traffic at that time. I've spent a good deal of time staring at the fare rack up on the taxi meter when I've had to loop around a block.

So, "two hours" seems to suggest the whole time from start to finish (including waiting in the precinct) that they were in the "near catastrophic ordeal." Not that they were in the car being chased the whole time.

Also, if they DID get on the FDR Drive highway, there are exits about every 10 blocks. I can't imagine that Harry would have just sat back and not said, "Get off this highway! Don't speed!" So, they got on the FDR at 54th St, to loop back down on at 63rd or 71st St exits. They go back 4 avenues (with street lights) to end up at the police precinct at 67th and 3rd Ave before hopping in the and out of the cab.

Totally deserved to die.
So you’re okay with your kids not wearing seatbelts? Or did you teach them they were essential?
You sure made a massive leap in my comment to yours.
It’s fact that seatbelts save lives,
It’s fact they chose not to wear one.
I’ve always been surprised that all 3 chose not to wear one.
It was 1997 not the 70s when seatbelt laws were new.
But it was a risk they gambled with. As a family member that is what would have angered me more than anything.

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter