Member Services Customer Service

CDKG

DIS Veteran
This morning I wanted to add two nights on to an existing reservation at the 7 month mark. But, my password that worked fine a couple of days ago (and still works fine on all my other Disney accounts) decided it did not want to work at 5 am Pacific Saturday morning. (A very frustrating situation, but not the subject of this post.) So, I had to call Member Services when they opened at 6 am.

When I told the woman at MS that I wanted to modify a reservation, her first words were “You couldn’t do that online?” No. No, I couldn’t do that online. That is why I called you. Of course the first of the two nights I wanted to add was gone (it may or have may not been available at 5 am). I asked if any of the nights I already had booked were still available so I could rebook them with another contract. She said yes, but she would need to cancel my reservation and it would go to someone on the waitlist. She was able to get someone in her web department to reset my password, but the entire conversation just felt off.

I was transferred to another man in MS to renew my AP. Again, it was a similar experience. If you looked at a transcript of the calls everything would look fine. But both transactions felt off and both customer service agents seemed to have the attitude that they did not want to be talking to me, despite me doing my best to not let any of my frustrations show. I’m not sure if anyone else has experienced the same.

In a couple weeks I will be calling back to book the Member Cruise. I’m prepared for busy signals and a long wait on hold, but I really hope I do not also have to deal with a customer service rep who hates their job.

I periodically speak with MS during a year, including a couple of times in this past week to merge and link reservations. In general I have found them pleasant and willing to assist. Every now and then I have gotten someone that seemed like they're in a hurry but that's definitely the exception and not the rule. However as long as they are knowledgeable and can help I tend to not care a lot as over the years I've run into those who don't know things very well and that's ultimately what matters to me.

Not an excuse…. but I’d be less than perky if I worked in a call center and my shift started before 6am…..

Not an excuse…. but I’d be less than perky if I worked in a call center and my shift started before 6am…..
OP is west coast. The CM's are typically, maybe all, based in eastern.
Of course even if they weren't the hours wouldn't be a surprise.

Yes, it was 9 am their time. This just wasn’t the Disney quality customer service I am accustomed to. If it had just been one of the two I might not have thought much of it. But it was both of the agents I spoke to. Just wondering if others had similar experiences lately. Maybe it was just an isolated experience. 🤷‍♀️

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter