• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Members celebration at MK in 2017

As per the site:
Registration for the Disney Vacation Club® Member Event at the Magic Kingdom® Theme Park will open Thursday, December 1, 2016 at 8:00 am EST for Members with a Disney Resort hotel reservation on February 24 or March 3.

Event reservations will open on December 6, 2016 at 8:00 am EST for all Members, pending availability

I wonder about the email, because there is a link to click to reserve, it says "RSVP", and says 8 am. But how will it know we have a resort reservation? Will it know from our MDE accounts?

We will see tomorrow!

I wonder about the email, because there is a link to click to reserve, it says "RSVP", and says 8 am. But how will it know we have a resort reservation? Will it know from our MDE accounts?

We will see tomorrow!

What email I don't have an email with a resevere now link.

I am also waiting to see if more sign up info pops up before tomorrow at 8am.
We have attended the DVC AK party this year, and a DVC Typhoon Lagoon party. We have never received an e-mail with sign up instructions that differed from the website.

For the AK party sign up, I just called in , told them how many guests . Was asked if we needed transportation from our resort and that was it. I am pretty sure I was not even asked for a reservation number as to where we were staying.

We are staying at Saratoga, and have the reservation number in had for if/when they ask for it.
If tomorrow morning goes like all the other sign-up have in the past, I expect it to be a cluster - you know what . Long waits on hold, busy signals , getting cut off while on hold . I am fully expecting that some of the CM's who answer the phones to be clueless on what this event even is, or how to sign guests up. Took me over an hour on the phone to book the AK party !

Time will tell ! We will see in a few hours !

We have attended the DVC AK party this year, and a DVC Typhoon Lagoon party. We have never received an e-mail with sign up instructions that differed from the website.

For the AK party sign up, I just called in , told them how many guests . Was asked if we needed transportation from our resort and that was it. I am pretty sure I was not even asked for a reservation number as to where we were staying.

Do you think the Associate could call to make the reservation? DH is commuting to work at that time pacific time and it would be a pain for him b/c he knows almost nothing about his own account LOL.

How does the rest of the ticketing stuff work? Are you sent tickets? etc?

Do you think the Associate could call to make the reservation? DH is commuting to work at that time pacific time and it would be a pain for him b/c he knows almost nothing about his own account LOL.

I'm not certain about the associate making the reservation but as far as tickets they don't send anything. They will just have a list with your reservation that they confirm either at the park and issue a wrist band or I believe that the hotel concierge has been able to issue the wrist bands for some of the events. At the previous MK event they were checking at the front gates if you came in just for the party otherwise we were checked in back in Tomorrowland.

Personally I wouldn't be concerned about calling in immediately. I've registered for both the first MK party and the AK party and did not call until the afternoon. And they still took reservations for those for several more days. No guarantee of course that this will be the same but if you weren't able to make the reservations I think it would still be ok if your husband had to call in later.

Just checked the website. The Blue RSVP Button doesn't work - leads to an "unsecure" message. HOWEVER, the RSVP link buried in the details does work. Right now, clicking on that that just leads to the registration page & says reservations open at blah, blah blah, etc,

Good luck everyone. Looking forward to hearing 100% success today. I want to register as an off site guest and so have to wait until next Tuesday. :)

Yep. just saw they added a RSVP tab, so we should be able to do this online now ...........although its not working right now (I got the same error as CarolMN) .

Also states some new info about how many guests ............

Party size limits apply:
  • For Members with a reservation at a Disney Resort hotel, party size is limited to the Member and up to the number of guests listed on their Disney Resort hotel reservation.
  • For Members without a reservation at a Disney Resort hotel, party size is limited to the Member and up to 5 guests.

Not sure about an associate , but just give them the DVC memebr number and it should be fine. Also, reservations appear that they can be made online now, so that should help. Still may need the DVC number and a reservation number, not sure yet.

NO tickets or anything is every given out, and it will never show up on MDE. They just keep it on record with your name. They do give u a reservation number, so I usually write that down just in case.

We have a reservation at the Poly for the March date.
So this morning we will only be able to book for the four of us in the room (we are all members) but we will not be able to have any guests while those without a reservation will be able to book 5 guests each on Dec. 6th ???
That does not seem fair ???

We have a reservation at the Poly for the March date.
So this morning we will only be able to book for the four of us in the room (we are all members) but we will not be able to have any guests while those without a reservation will be able to book 5 guests each on Dec. 6th ???
That does not seem fair ???

Same boat hear if we had no reservation we could bring all 5 we want to, but will only be able to get the 2 because of our reservation.

Surprise! The button does not work. And the limit to the # in the room stinks, as I want to bring a couple interested in buying into DVC, the exact target of this event, and I can't.

That is, if I am able to even sign up, looks like it is not working.

The link worked fine for me. Already got confirmation email. Booked the March 3 event, it said can book up to as many people in the room, or up to 6 guests including yourself. No problems booking it whatsoever online. Good luck everyone else, hopefully will be smooth.

Just did it. Clicked past the unsecured link and went to it anyway. I could book up to 6-- with no names needed. Just asked for membership # and if I had a onsite reservation. Did not ask for onsite reservation number or names on reservation. Also already got the confirmation email.

**I did not get an email ahead of time...I just went to dvc site. Under member benefits.

I never got an email either. Did you make sure you were logged off, browser closed, and then log back on AFTER 8am? I clicked the link from the member website that said RSVP

I got through to the form, but I can't select a date! I don't see a check box for either date. For those who were successful, which browser did you use?

I got through to the form, but I can't select a date! I don't see a check box for either date. For those who were successful, which browser did you use?

I did it on my iphone since my computer was taking too long to boot up.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter