Member's Champagne Brunch this Fall

TnRobin

The prodical child
Just saw this on the Member's site. Too Bad it is before we go back.

In celebration of the annual Epcot® International Food & Wine Festival, Disney Vacation Club is pleased to announce that Members and their guests can mix and mingle with their Disney neighbors at exclusive champagne brunches at Disney's Grand Floridian Resort & Spa.

The Member-exclusive brunches will take place at Citricos on Sunday October 30, November 6, and November 13, 2005.
Prices are $49.00, plus tax and gratuity, per person ages 12 and older, $19.00, plus tax and gratuity, per person ages 3 to 11.
Seating is limited. For additional information and reservations, please call (407) 938-3514 between the hours of 9:00 am and 5:30 pm EST., Monday - Friday.

Brunch Menu

Stations
Prime Rib
Make your own Omelet
Waffle Station

Salads and Entrees
Asparagus Salad with Kalamata Olives & Feta Cheese
Chicken with Red Onion Salad & Sun Dried Tomatoes
Sautéed Shrimp with Leeks, Oyster Mushrooms & Creamy Polenta

Meat Selection
Bacon
Sausage (links or patties)
Canadian Bacon
Ham

Potatoes Selection
Hash Browns
Roasted Red Potatoes with Onions
Crispy Potato Triangles

Bread Selection
Croissants
Bagels & Cream Cheese
Assorted Fruit Breads
Assorted Muffins
Danish Pastries

Beverages
Regular & Decaffeinated Coffee, Hot Tea
Assorted Juices

*Menu items may differ slightly based on chef recommendations

:( I am so disappointed, I leave Oct 15. They really need to announce this stuff a little sooner. I am so anxious to meke it to one of these events. I will be trying for the cruise next year!!! :cheer2:

Darn... I leave on the 28th.. Oh well, hope someone goes and posts a report.

i think we are going to do the one of these. The only thing is I think we will take a cab over there, we won't have a rent a car, and it seems it is a more dress up affair.

I'll let ya'll know if we do it...

Well, rats that I leave on the 29th, but whew! I don't think I would pay that kind of cash for a brunch per person!

And - I find it interesting that the kids are 3-11!!!!! Yay DVC! I know I am one who wrote about the disappointing age change to 3-9 and a need for a level for the tweens and early teens. Maybe they are listening at DVC - even if WDW at large doesn't care!

$49 and I still have to make my own omelet!? I'm gonna open "Geyser Gazer's Cafe" outside my villa at the Wilderness Lodge. Your all invited, and my motto is "I'll make the omelets so you don't have to" Heck, I'll only charge $27 for adults, $14 for the little Dis'rs. The only trick is that you'll have to catch your breakfast as I carefully toss it over the balcony. You'll want to remember to bring your DVC card so you can tidy up at Sturdy Branches after experiencing our signature "Champagne Geyser" which erupts on the hour for your drinking and viewing pleasure.

Bona Petit

So....d'you suppose the champagne is included or extra? We'll be there for the Nov 6 brunch, and I'd consider going, but not if the champagne brunch doesn't include the champagne!

It's a conspiracy I tell ya!! How is a few brunchs in a couple week period gatherings this fall! I will be there 10/15-23.....I have never been able to match up with any of the member events! :sad:

Geyser Gazer said:
$49 and I still have to make my own omelet!? I'm gonna open "Geyser Gazer's Cafe" outside my villa at the Wilderness Lodge. Your all invited, and my motto is "I'll make the omelets so you don't have to" Heck, I'll only charge $27 for adults, $14 for the little Dis'rs. The only trick is that you'll have to catch your breakfast as I carefully toss it over the balcony. You'll want to remember to bring your DVC card so you can tidy up at Sturdy Branches after experiencing our signature "Champagne Geyser" which erupts on the hour for your drinking and viewing pleasure.

Bona Petit

:rotfl2: :rotfl: :rotfl2: Way too funny!

Didn't even notice the "Make your own omelet". I do wonder if they don't mean you actually make it - just that you design it. I'm thinking of the stations they use at the Mother's Day Brunch - it bet it will be similar.

I am starting to get buyer's regret on this. Do you think they will have any DVC extra's, like a speaker, news DVC related, goodies, pin, or a ballpoint pen??? just wondering....never been to a DVC brunch, didn't know if they added anything special, just trying to sell DH on the price. ;)

However, I am not sure if we will do it since it is the day we go home. Has anyone called for info on it?

poohbear1029 said:
It's a conspiracy I tell ya!! How is a few brunchs in a couple week period gatherings this fall! I will be there 10/15-23.....I have never been able to match up with any of the member events! :sad:

I feel your pain!!! It's been the same for us...we never seem to have the right timing. Maybe instead of an "Unbirthday Party", we can have an "UnScheduled DVC Event Party". Everyone's invited, go anytime or day you want. :teeth:

Hmm... A bit pricey, but may be well worth it if the champagne is flowing freely, and is of good quality. I wonder if we could get a discount with our DDE card?????

Looks like another event, I'll miss :guilty:
I never can seem to time them right. I wonder how much of a turnout they will get, since a lot of folks do the Sun-Th thing to save on weekend points, and they won't have arrived yet.

I called and got voicemail. That was this morning and no one has returned my call yet. It was someone in Special Events, not DVC/MS.

Drats! We miss it by one day. We leave the 29th. I'd really like to get to one of these events though. Another time I guess.

We are going to be there at that time but $150 plus tip for brunch for my son and Dad and me is a bit much for us to afford..

OK, I am slightly miffed. I called yesterday and left a voicemail. I have yet to get a call back. I even tried calling again this AM and didn't reach a live body again. What gives?

Well, I called again and still no live body answering the phone. I am annoyed that they have on the voicemail that they are the ones to talk to for this brunch, but I have yet to receive a call back.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter