Memorial Weekend Strategy

detroitdad

DIS Veteran
Will be at WDW from Sat May 28th - Thu June 2nd. We're pretty much empty nesters now and head down with DVC points and spend time relaxing at the resorts more days than going to the parks. We are thinking maybe hitting the parks on two days and park hopping. Trying to come up with the best combo of parks along with potential Genie+/ILL purchase. Epcot is a favorite and would want to be there in the evening. Was thinking that if we were to do one park day combo over the weekend maybe AK first then park hop to Epcot. Since over the holiday with busier crowds, should we Genie+ and $ILL maybe FOP and Remy? I know most feel that Genie+ isn't worth it for those two parks but maybe it would be when over a holiday weekend. We'll wait to do a MK / HS combo day maybe the Tues or Wed after Memorial Day when crowds get lighter. Would try to stack the Genie+ for HS afternoon-evening. Would probably Early Entry for MK and head right to Space Mountain and then do whatever available Genie+ attractions until ready to head to HS. $ILL for RoTR and MMRR. Am I correct that we wouldn't be able to book any LL in the park we're hopping to until after we're actually there because we are actively using Genie+ in the first park?

Last edited:
I don’t have answers for all your questions, but TP just updated their crowd calendar to show that Epcot is 10/10 that Sunday, so ILL for Remy any time that weekend definitely makes sense. If you are only spending half days in each park regardless, I think ILL would make the most of your time, especially around the holiday weekend.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter