Memory foam mattress - which one?

I'd be very sure u are comfortable being cocooned in a bed, like that non-movement type sleep, and likely be willing to re purchase another mattress at about the 5-6 year mark, when the mattress has settled into your exact sleeping position, this meaning depressions. The warranty they sell are very wordy and limiting and will not cover normal wear n tear which typically ( per bed) means depressions are normal :(
And they will even come out with a Ruler to measure the depression to say... Yes, that's normal.
Keep in mind mattresses don't flip any more for additional usage... So you can switch headed to foot only.
Best of luck deciding!

Never found cocoon to be a problem.

Anyway, wifey has decided to buy yet another foam matteress. Leaning toward Sleep Innovations, but may change my mind. It's that time of year, maybe a ghost mattress!!!

If anyone has a foundation recommendation, please throw it out. We will need one and I am not a carpenter. Leaning toward Fashion Bed Murray, which my daughter has and loves, but it is almost as much as the mattress. LOL!

Son has the Walmart basic, which seems O.K., but is still pricey. As I mentioned earlier, we threw ours on an old Simmons box spring, but we don't have anymore of those. :duck:

I bought a Novaform/Sleep Innovations mattress at Costco last year, and I love it!

I also got a metal bed frame from WalMart to use underneath. It's about 12" off the floor, so it offers great storage under the bed - I keep laundry baskets of offseason clothing under my bed.

Just be very cautious buying the 'knock off' brands, especially online where you may have little recourse if you aren't satisfied.

ETA: After posting, noticed that you have already purchased a mattress. Hope you are very satisfied with it. :goodvibes

Wonder which one you tried? DH & I have a Temperpedic (original memory foam) for 16 years and it is nothing like what you describe. (all memory foam is 'not' equal).

Rolling over has 'never' been an issue, and neither is being an edge sleeper (of which I am) - great support all the way to the edge. Another thing, the person sleeping on one side of the bed does not disturb the other sleeper at all - no bouncing effect from one side to the other. We love our Temperpedic and it has lasted great - still some years to go!

Yes, it was, and still is, pricey, but we tried a 'knock off' where we bought that one because they made a great sales pitch for it and it was less money, but we were so not happy!! They took it back and we paid the difference for the Temperpedic.

We also bought a Temperpedic foam topper for our motor home bed. They are sooo restful.

It's been quite a few years, but I'm pretty sure we tried three different Temperpedic ones.
We tried beds in various stores for months before deciding on the one we got. One problem is when the DH and DW don't like the same one.....

Just had my third memory foam delivered on Wednesday. It is sitting unwrapped in the spare bedroom with the window open and the door closed. Whew, it still stinks and today is day three. Don't need to use it until the 19th, so hope it is done off-gassing by then. None of the rest of them have been this bad.

This one is Sleep Innovations Taylor swirl gel -- highly rated by Consumer Reports. The other two were also Sleep Innovations, but were the Shiloh model. The Costco Nova is made by Sleep Innovations.

We are about to pull the trigger on buying a king size memory foam mattress. I am trying to debate between a couple different ones.

This is the first: https://www.amazon.com/Zinus-Memory-Foam-Green-Mattress/dp/B00Q7EPV8O/ref=sr_1_1?s=furniture&ie=UTF8&qid=1473950081&sr=1-1&keywords=memory+foam+mattress&refinements=p_n_size_browse-bin:368698011

The price on that above one is awesome and it seems to get really great reviews. I'm a little hesitant with it being made in China, but what isn't made there these days?

The is the other one: http://www.overstock.com/Home-Garde...IXSDDE7CGR4CEQ&searchidx=1&recalg=63&recidx=1

I like that this one has the gel in it but the price is a little more than what I was hoping to spend. But its a long term and important investment so I want to be sure that we get something that we both will love.

Any thoughts?

The zinus is a great mattress. Had one for three years now and have zero complaints.

I have sciatica and my back was always sore but it's been much better since we bought a Leesa mattress. We are very pleased with it.

Hi. I think Zinus would be better for you. It has bunch of reviews and is one of the most popular mattresses on amazon (if not the most) with more than 10000 positive reviews.

The only caution – it is almost fully produced of memory foam which is considered to be hot for many people. But mattress topper can fix this issue. You need to choose cooling topper with gel beads in this case. You can see material characteristics in this table. Sleep innovations 4-inch will be a perfect match.

Most of them costs near to 100-150 $ so the full stack of mattress + topper will cost you around 400 $ which is quite affordable. Another advantage of the topper is that it increases durability of mattress – it is like an extra protecting layer.

So, good luck, hope it will help you

We have a Zinus in our camper and a Sealy at home. We love them both and the prices were decent for both.

the number 1 rated mattress for all types of sleepers,according to consumer reports is the Casper

We have a Sealy I Comfort that we bought like 5 years ago which is a hybrid you will never know it has springs -- I in fact would love to know if it really does.
I just bough my son a Zinus mattress that is still expanding for that fact BTW Zinus has its own site you can look at as well.
FIRST cooling gel -- My I comfort has it the Zinus one we bought is infused but the sell one with cooling gel I can tell you even in the hot summer I never sweat... The winter is a little hard to warm the bed up however. So the Zinus being infused i can put my hand on it and feel it is cool but if I lay on it, it really does not feel that cool so I believe it will heat up.. My suggestion my the one with Cooling Gel period I can not comment on how the one Zinus sells is but I can tell you that you will happy you spent a little extra. Quality well.... Zinus uses egg crate foam which is very in expensive with a thin layer of comfort foam and a thin layer of actual memory foam gel infused if you pay a little extra and a thin cooling gel layer if you pay a little more.... The 8 inch is the thickest memory as anything bigger just adds another layer of egg crate. As you get thicker the Mattress will get softer so an 8 Inch will be more form that a 10 or 12... I can tell you My I Comfort is firmer than the 8 inch as you do sink in a big on the Zinus where as the I comfort you do not sink... with that I am comparing a very expensive mattress to a bargain mattress... Truly I think the Zinus is just fine it will give you a basic memory foam mattress and feel is it amazing well NO... it is worth what the charge I say by far yes... Be aware the expansion is painfully slow as I said we bout the 8 inch it took 48 hours to get to about 7 1/4 inches and still going.... It does have a slight smell out of the box but only if I stuck my nose to it and it went away around 24 hours... From what I have heard the Warranty is useless but truly on most mattress it is when you read the terms... I would not go into buying a Zinus and expecting it last a very long time as Foam breaks down with heat and being this mattress uses Egg Crate foam I would expect after 5 years to notice it breaking down and after 10 years max for you to have a nice view of foam when you lay in it and turn you head left or right.... Truthfully many mattress from certain defunct or shall I say now new name place that is what you got any away... and I refer to them with the Warranty as you pay more to warranty a mattress than buy a new one on sale..... so if you decide to buy a mattress from a store read the terms of the Warranty because 10 years or 20 which the I comfort has is useless if they charge 600 for shipping plus a prorated price and that is providing there are no stains, you have a proper bed frame with center supports and.................................. if they will even come look at it... In this case paying a little more for the mattress for a big name that will make customers happy is a better deal.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter