Memory foam mattress?

I bought a really pricey one about 8 years ago. It's in excellent shape, is superbly comfortable, but it makes me sweat!! It's not bad in the winter but in summer, DH and I both get sweaty. We didn't realize for a long time it was the mattress, lol. We thought it was middle age :D

We had the same problem and recently got a Nectar. So far, we love it!

Omg yes. We've had the new mattress for a week, but we're at Disney this weekend (off site, poly was 2 weeks ago :( ) and we are having a hard time with the hotel mattresses!

I now travel with a egg crate mattress topper so I can deal with hotel mattresses. I am too used to having the memory foam and also have back issues.

Some people cannot sleep on a foam mattress. Not matter how "ecological", foam is a chemical product and some will react. They will always off gas to some degree. Even my husband, who has no allergies, sweats a lot with his topper. Look into natural latex, it can cost about the same, same feel, and you won't have an issue.

We just bought a Tulo Comfort Series Medium during some Memorial Day sales. I've never had a memory foam bed before, so it did take me about 2 weeks to actually adjust and enjoy my bed. But now I absolutely love it, ugh. We got a queen for about $500 with the sale, I think full price is around $750 for a queen. If you have a mattress firm near you they usually sell Tulo and have good sales (that's what we did). EDIT: The mattress is pretty cool as well if you're a hot sleeper like myself. And it was slightly "gassed off" for maybe less than a day, the smell was extremely tolerable and didn't last. I think they're American made as well, which was important to me due to quality assurance with mattresses in particular.
We also got a good deal on an adjustable bed frame when we bought the mattress. They are expensive but if you can afford it, DO IT. We bought one with the full shebang; pillow tilt, head/foot tilt, usb ports on both sides, massage, bed alarm, underbed light. It's honestly the best decision we've ever made and the warranty is 10 years or so.

I can't sleep on mem. foam without my back hurting. hubby too. This summer we went to vacation and saw they have a very nice Mem foam king bed. We were excited to finally try one for extended time. By the week's end, I had a terrible backache. Nope. I use original mattress factory's higher end choice and love it.

If you are thinking about memory foam, do yourself a favor and get a Tempurpedic. None of the other "memory foam" mattress brands compare for long term durability. They are worth the extra cost because they last FOREVER. We have one that is 16 years old and still looks and feels like new. It was $1200. Our other one is 7 years old and same story. Our first was the "Original" model and the other one is a Tempur Cloud Supreme.They offer a 90 day in home trial and will refund you 100% if you wish to return it within that 90 days. So, really, no reason not to try it. It will likely be the last mattress you buy. They easily last 20+ years.

I'm in the minority here, but I need a really firm mattress - think cement slab and blanket - a Memory Foam mattress won't work for me, but lots of people love theirs!

I'm in the minority here, but I need a really firm mattress - think cement slab and blanket - a Memory Foam mattress won't work for me, but lots of people love theirs!

Surprisingly, the one we went with (and honestly it was sort of an impulse buy, so we didn't really shop around or compare) is firmer than the firm with a pillowtop traditional mattress we replaced. It's fantastic.

We tried a Tempurpedic a couple of years ago and sent it back, to hot and did not have good edge support. Currently looking at a few "cool gel/foam" mattresses that has edge support.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter