• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Memory maker friend list share. Don't get it?

teacup princess

DIS Veteran
Can someone please clear this up for me. We are going with four families, a group of 17. Only one of us needs to buy memory maker thn we can share it right? As long as we are linked in MDE. I read something about it can be reassigned as often as you want but once someone strys downloading photos it is locked to that person. What does that mean?

We had some issues in early December with pictures and more than one MDE account, within our family (inlaws). We were friends, but their pictures wouldn't show up. My advice is to tie the account to ONE MDE account, and ask that the other families use a Photopass card for their pictures. You can then take that card to have it loaded in the parks, or enter the numbers online at your convenience.

Just my $.02.

I had to call Disney IT for another reason and while I was on the phone the super wonderful castmember added our Memory Maker for us. She explained that there are permissions that have to adjusted in each account in order to be able to see all the pictures. Its a bit confusing. I suggest giving them a call, they were very helpful!

I came on here tonight with the same question...

We are going to WDW as a very large group, I will be the one doing all the edits and downloads, but we will split up a lot. Ive heard so many rumors and Im almost afraid to do the MM. We are not staying on property and will only have the cards, but some of our party is staying on property and will have the magic bands. Is it ok to have multiple cards like PP? We were going to make a dummy DME acct to put all our info into so we could each long in as needed to make edits. Is this going to be ok? I dont want to loose photos and if it just isnt going to work I rather do the regular PP so I at least get those photos.

Any advice from others who have done the MM?

Thanks!

I just did MM with a group of 22. Designate ONE person to be "in charge". When we got back home I added all the pp cards we had gotten from rides etc and downloaded THEN I gave everyone MDE password and have them 2 weeks to edit their own pics. It is WAY too time-consuming for me to do it. After the 2 weeks, I downloaded again and sAved the edited pics to CD. It worked great for us.

That seems like the best option and the most easy for everyone involved. I would hate to have to load up everyones cards. Glad it worked out so well for you.

I just did MM with a group of 22. Designate ONE person to be "in charge". When we got back home I added all the pp cards we had gotten from rides etc and downloaded THEN I gave everyone MDE password and have them 2 weeks to edit their own pics. It is WAY too time-consuming for me to do it. After the 2 weeks, I downloaded again and sAved the edited pics to CD. It worked great for us.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter