Memory Maker - Need your help

Gabriel&Nana

Mouseketeer
I'm planning to buy advanced Memory Maker and share it with my sister, but I have never used it before and have some doubts :

We are 6 staying onsite (have MB) from Jan 19 to Feb 3. My sister family arrive later and will be at the parks from Jan 27 to Feb 13. They'll be offsite (no MB) and have their own MDE.

1) How do I link her family with the MM that will be n my MDE account ?

2) How my sister family will use the MM without MBs ?

3) All the park photos and ride videos will be available for everyone or there are restrictions (For example, the 7DMT video , how does she "link" with it) ?

4) After the first day of use - Jan 19, how many days are left for using ? And for customizing and downloading at home ?

TIA, I'm trying to make things happens for both groups... ;)

I'm planning to buy advanced Memory Maker and share it with my sister, but I have never used it before and have some doubts : We are 6 staying onsite (have MB) from Jan 19 to Feb 3. My sister family arrive later and will be at the parks from Jan 27 to Feb 13. They'll be offsite (no MB) and have their own MDE. 1) How do I link her family with the MM that will be n my MDE account ? 2) How my sister family will use the MM without MBs ? 3) All the park photos and ride videos will be available for everyone or there are restrictions (For example, the 7DMT video , how does she "link" with it) ? 4) After the first day of use - Jan 19, how many days are left for using ? And for customizing and downloading at home ? TIA, I'm trying to make things happens for both groups... ;)

Linking was easy- just add as friends and allow to view and purchase on MDE. Disney MM tech people will help you if you have any trouble over the phone.

You can buy and activate a band if you prefer to have one, but wo a band you get it scanned to a card and then on your MDE or MM account you type in a number on the card to get the pictures up there.

We just did our first MM share and it was fabulous. I'm so glad we did it!

Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards

Linking was easy- just add as friends and allow to view and purchase on MDE. Disney MM tech people will help you if you have any trouble over the phone.

You can buy and activate a band if you prefer to have one, but wo a band you get it scanned to a card and then on your MDE or MM account you type in a number on the card to get the pictures up there.

We just did our first MM share and it was fabulous. I'm so glad we did it!

Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards

Thanks for the info. Glad you have a good experience :thumbsup2

I'm still looking for more answers...
I read in another place that the videos of ToT and 7DMT will noyt be linked to MDE unless you wear a MB ... Is it true ?

1) link your accounts together as "family"n MDE and set the preferences to "allow to view and purchase photos" for each person - not just for the owner of the account
2) they will receive a card & will have the photopass photographers scan it. Enter the card number online into My Photopass to capture the shots in the acount
3) it's my understanding that the ride video only gets captured if you're wearing a magic band. It's worth a call to ask exactly how ride still photos get captured if you're not wearing a band - I'm not sure if you have to stop at the photo viewing at the end of the ride and get a code number - with a band it's automaticlly captured.

At least for us the $15 fee to buy a MB per person is worth the hassle of not having to wait in line to get ride pics. They auto-populate to your MDE. Maybe have two in her party buy bands?

Hijacking- We did link and the other family is listed as allow to DL and purchase but I cannot see all of her pics, she cant edit and it is asking for her to pay for downloads. If we bought MM why is anyone in our linked group being asked to pay for downloads?

Hijacking- We did link and the other family is listed as allow to DL and purchase but I cannot see all of her pics, she cant edit and it is asking for her to pay for downloads. If we bought MM why is anyone in our linked group being asked to pay for downloads?

Serious ?? :confused3

At least for us the $15 fee to buy a MB per person is worth the hassle of not having to wait in line to get ride pics. They auto-populate to your MDE. Maybe have two in her party buy bands?

Yes, it's an option. :thumbsup2

But it's strange that people buying MM without MB can't have the same benefits :confused3

1) link your accounts together as "family"n MDE and set the preferences to "allow to view and purchase photos" for each person - not just for the owner of the account
2) they will receive a card & will have the photopass photographers scan it. Enter the card number online into My Photopass to capture the shots in the acount
3) it's my understanding that the ride video only gets captured if you're wearing a magic band. It's worth a call to ask exactly how ride still photos get captured if you're not wearing a band - I'm not sure if you have to stop at the photo viewing at the end of the ride and get a code number - with a band it's automaticlly captured.

Thanks Mikie. :thumbsup2

Maybe somebody can answer if you can stop at the photo viewing and get a code number for the video ride to link with the MM .... :mic:

The MM entitlement is only good for ONE person. That ONE person has to be the one to do all of the edits and the downloads. If you are linked as friends and family and each have given permission to view/purchase the photos of the other MDE account owners, you each should be able to see all of the pictures.

But it's strange that people buying MM without MB can't have the same benefits :confused3

I think it is because there is a difference between the bands and the cards. Don't the bands have a transmitter in them that would allow the pictures/videos to be transmitted to them whereas the cards do not?

I think it is because there is a difference between the bands and the cards. Don't the bands have a transmitter in them that would allow the pictures/videos to be transmitted to them whereas the cards do not?

Its not a punishment, it is a technology limitation. In order for the ride system to understand you rode the ride it has to pick up a signal. In order for something to broadcast a signal it needs a battery. At least at this point, flat media (in this case a ticket) does not have the ability to transmit, so the ride has no idea you rode.

1. Report the missing pictures to the photopass folks, if you can pinpoint who was in them and when they were taken they will try to find them.

2. Only the purchaser of the MM can edit and download. Since I usually travel with friends and family, I just give them the log in info to do their own edits and then when all are complete, I download all the pix (I download the originals all at first before the edits are made or I make sure to save the original before they are edited) and put them on jump drives for the friends or family I am traveling with.

Didn't see if anyone addressed question 4. . . Not sure how long of a trip your MM is good for - I thought a whole month, but don't quote me. I know for sure at least 10days because that's how long we had it. You have 45 days to view and download and make edits. This seems to be from the date the photo is taken, not tied to your reservation, because all my pictures have different expiration dates. You can purchase an extension if you don't gt around to downloading on time, but I'm not sure the price or number of days you get.

Didn't see if anyone addressed question 4. . . Not sure how long of a trip your MM is good for - I thought a whole month, but don't quote me. I know for sure at least 10days because that's how long we had it. You have 45 days to view and download and make edits. This seems to be from the date the photo is taken, not tied to your reservation, because all my pictures have different expiration dates. You can purchase an extension if you don't gt around to downloading on time, but I'm not sure the price or number of days you get.

Pictures are good in your account for 45 days from the day they are taken. MM entitles you to 30 days of downloads from the first day you download your pictures. These time frames are not tied to each other. I think the extension is for 15 days, but I'm not sure of the price either. The extension is only good towards the expiration date of the photos, though, not for an extension of the MM....so if you are going to do the extension, don't start downloading pictures until close to the end of your original expiration date on the photos, or you may end up with the photos in your account, and be able to edit the photos in your account, but not be able to download them afterwards (unless you want to pay again).

1. Report the missing pictures to the photopass folks, if you can pinpoint who was in them and when they were taken they will try to find them.

2. Only the purchaser of the MM can edit and download. Since I usually travel with friends and family, I just give them the log in info to do their own edits and then when all are complete, I download all the pix (I download the originals all at first before the edits are made or I make sure to save the original before they are edited) and put them on jump drives for the friends or family I am traveling with.

Thanks, they weren't missing, she could view hers, I could not. I couldnt download them or edit since I couldnt see them.
She had to change a setting on MDE to share but hard to sort out when we were each at home on different computers(and she not computer savy but we got it. She was then able to edit and I will download.

Question: My sister is going to purchase MM for our upcoming trip. I went into her MDE to add in her "family & friends". It gave me option to link everyone on my MDE by typing in my reservation number. I did that as owner of my MDE and accepted the request. When go back into her MDE, it shows my name but no one else on my MDE. Do I need to add us all individually so that we can share MM? Just want to make sure any of us can use our MB to get the pictures.
Thanks for the help!

You will only see the folks who have an MDE account but it will include all those who are on those accounts as well.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter