Memory Maker Question

tnolan

DIS Veteran
I don't know if this is the right place to ask this, but we purchased Memory Maker for our trip in November, and now we decided on a super quick short trip in August. Will the Memory Maker we purchased be used for the short trip leaving me have to purchase another one for the longer trip in Nov, or will the Memory Maker purchase stay with the November trip it was intended for? Thanks in advance for any help!

I’m not 100% sure, but I believe you activate memory make after your first photo pass picture is taken. Once activated, you have 30 days to download the pictures. So, you should be able to wait and activate in November, if that is what you want to do. But like I said, I’m not sure.

Thanks, thats what I was afraid of. We do intend to take pix during the August trip, but not enough to make the Memory Maker worth it. However, we may not have a choice, if it's like you say. Thanks! Guess we will have to buy it again for November.

Thanks, thats what I was afraid of. We do intend to take pix during the August trip, but not enough to make the Memory Maker worth it. However, we may not have a choice, if it's like you say. Thanks! Guess we will have to buy it again for November.
I think you have to manually activate it. Meaning, you can choose to wait till November, and do not have activate it in August.

I believe Mickey92 is right-- you have to activate it and confirm you have a 30 day window to download your pics. I think if you don't activate it, it just stays on your account. Someone else might know for sure, but when we went in June, all of our pics had the watermark across them for the full day until we upgraded to an AP. (They refunded our Memory Maker.) As soon as we got the AP, the watermark was gone.

But if all you have to do to activate it is to take PhotoPass pix, then there's no way I can avoid it being activated for the wrong trip. I know I sound as dense as a post, but how exactly does one activate the Memory Maker?

But if all you have to do to activate it is to take PhotoPass pix, then there's no way I can avoid it being activated for the wrong trip. I know I sound as dense as a post, but how exactly does one activate the Memory Maker?
Getting a photopass picture taken doesn't activate it. You have to activate it in MDE. Your photos will have a watermark on them until you activate it in MDE.

I can see how my post could have been confusing. You have the option to activate memory maker after you take your first picture, not before. You literally have to click a button to activate memory maker. It will not activate by itself just because you have pictures taken.

I can see how my post could have been confusing. You have the option to activate memory maker after you take your first picture, not before. You literally have to click a button to activate memory maker. It will not activate by itself just because you have pictures taken.
Thanks! That's a relief.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter