Memory maker sharing

jessie31383

Mouseketeer
We are going to WDW with another family next week. We arrive on Tuesday and they arrive on Thursday. I was going to buy memory maker but my friend already had it in her package and the travel agent told us we should split it. I have never done this before and now I am nervous.
Will we still be able to get our pictures for the 2 days we are there before her?
Will I be able to see the pictures or will only she be able to since the memory maker is connected to her?
Will I be able to download pictures or will she have to and then send them to me?

Thank you for the assistance!

We did it in 2016; my niece and her family were there the same time we were and we met up for a day.

You need each member of both parties to be listed as "friends and family" on the MDE apps.

I forget the details, but from there it was easy.

We downloaded the pictures onto a CD and sent them to her.

But I'm sure that if you google Memory Maker, the site explains it all.

PS.. that same niece returned to WDW a month or so ago. Since we're still on each other's Friend's and Family account on MDE, I can see her newest set of photos. We did not share an account this time around.

Last edited:
Are you connected on My Disney Experience? The memory maker we purchased was put into my husband’s name by our travel planner. I had to go into his MDE and reassign it to myself because I want to be in charge of the photos. I’m not sure if your friend would be able (or willing) to reassign the MM to you, but that may be easiest to ensure it’s ready to go when you begin your trip. I’m not sure if you would both have access to the pictures without giving her your MDE login.

I do not think that MM will be in effect until she checks in so you won't be able to get your pictures for the first 2 days. Also, you won't be able to download them unless she gives you her log-in, she would have to do this and send them to you.

Every member of YOUR family needs to be connected via MDE Friends and Family to the family member that holds the reservation / Memory Maker entitlement. The person who has the Memory Maker is the only one that can edit photos, so if you want to add frames / decals / etc. then you will need to have access to that persons account in order to do so. They are also the only one who can download the photos, so you will have to either log into their account to download them, or have them download, and then give you your photos on CD or some other media. That is the basics of it.

Official policy states that sharing is not allowed and doing so gives Disney the right to revoke the pictures, if they choose to. It is intended for the use of the person who bought it and any people in their group. Those first two days, you will not be part of her group. Perhaps you can reassign it to yourself, so that you can get photos the first two days and everyone can get photos together the rest of the trip. You may not be able to since it is part of a package.

You don’t need to attempt to move the MM account. All photos, even the ones taken for your initial 2 days, will be included in the bank of photos that will be downloaded by the MM authorized guest.

*Discussion of Memory Maker sharing on TPAS is only allowed if family and friends are traveling together.

You can definitely share Memory Maker ---it was designed for sharing. You just need to be friends on the MDE app and enable to settings to share photos and see each others plans. You will probably need to be able to log into your friends account to edit and download your photos. And when you look at them in your own MDE account they will probably have a watermark. But int eh account that was used to purchase Memory maker they will be clear [no watermark] and that is where you will want to go in and edit and download your photos.

Official policy states that sharing is not allowed and doing so gives Disney the right to revoke the pictures, if they choose to. It is intended for the use of the person who bought it and any people in their group. Those first two days, you will not be part of her group. Perhaps you can reassign it to yourself, so that you can get photos the first two days and everyone can get photos together the rest of the trip. You may not be able to since it is part of a package.

I think you're interpreting the words too narrowly. I think the policy is meant to prevent strangers from doing a share, the kind that used to exist on Disney message boards.

The OP is " going to WDW with another family next week." I think that's why Disney created the "Friends and Family" feature in MDE-- so you could include people who aren't in your immediate family.

For what it's worth, my 20 year old son is arriving at WDW 3 days after the rest of the family because of EMT classes he's taking. By your definition, he's not part of our group.

You don’t know what you are talking about. “Official policy” is that it is absolutely fine to share the MM with friends and family in separate reservations. Disney markets it that way.

OP you will have no problem getting all your photos. Once your accounts are linked, your photos will all fill into your friend’s account, even though she isn’t there yet. The MM isn’t tied to any specific dates. Make sure she invites everyone in your group to link up, not just you.

You will need her password if you want to edit any of the photos before downloading them - you can only do that on the account of the MM holder.

You don’t need to attempt to move the MM account. All photos, even the ones taken for your initial 2 days, will be included in the bank of photos that will be downloaded by the MM authorized guest.

*Discussion of Memory Maker sharing on TPAS is only allowed if family and friends are traveling together.

Thanks so much for this post, I was just thinking of doing this with my family and never even thought about splitting the PhotoPass cost!

Just to confirm... My sister is traveling to Disney World on a Thursday, I arrive with my family the following Sunday and leave Wednesday, with my sister staying a few additional days until Saturday (confusing huh? Imagine the FastPass planning we are going to start soon!)...

If I purchase the PhotoPass package today @ $149, all that is needed is that we link our MDE accounts and there won't be an issue with not getting the first 3 days of pictures (Thursday-Sunday) my sister will be at Disney World without me? I get that the $149 is for a 30 day period, just want to make sure the 30 days is not from the start of *my visit* which is 3 days after my sisters arrival!

Thanks so much for this post, I was just thinking of doing this with my family and never even thought about splitting the PhotoPass cost!

Just to confirm... My sister is traveling to Disney World on a Thursday, I arrive with my family the following Sunday and leave Wednesday, with my sister staying a few additional days until Saturday (confusing huh? Imagine the FastPass planning we are going to start soon!)...

If I purchase the PhotoPass package today @ $149, all that is needed is that we link our MDE accounts and there won't be an issue with not getting the first 3 days of pictures (Thursday-Sunday) my sister will be at Disney World without me? I get that the $149 is for a 30 day period, just want to make sure the 30 days is not from the start of *my visit* which is 3 days after my sisters arrival!
You’re fine. You’ll access all photos as long as the other family allows Photo Sharing from within their MDX.

Just to back up what hiro said, as I've done this many times, and never had any photos revoked. You will be perfectly fine, and no problems getting the photos from the first two days either.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter