memory maker without magic bands

halfmonkey

DIS Veteran
I just booked a 6 night stay at All-Star Music for our family of 5 with 5 days of park entrances. I tried doing some searches but couldn't find anything unless I guess my search criteria wasn't all encompassing enough on my topic/question.

Our 3 kids will be 15, 14, and 10 at the time of travel and neither they or my wife have the Disney App so I'll be managing everything on my iPhone. When we went to Disneyworld a couple of years ago, booking a Disney Resort came with magic bands but now they don't so my question is if I don't buy the Magic Bands + for everybody, how does it work so that anyone that takes a picture can have those pictures added to the Memory Maker?

I read that you can request for a Key to the World card for everybody and I guess that works, correct. I would need to link the card to my reservation and I guess every time anyone in our group takes a picture, they would just scan the Key to the World Card, correct?

Is this the only way for everyone to be able to take pictures and have them sync to Memory Maker?

I just booked a 6 night stay at All-Star Music for our family of 5 with 5 days of park entrances. I tried doing some searches but couldn't find anything unless I guess my search criteria wasn't all encompassing enough on my topic/question.

Our 3 kids will be 15, 14, and 10 at the time of travel and neither they or my wife have the Disney App so I'll be managing everything on my iPhone. When we went to Disneyworld a couple of years ago, booking a Disney Resort came with magic bands but now they don't so my question is if I don't buy the Magic Bands + for everybody, how does it work so that anyone that takes a picture can have those pictures added to the Memory Maker?

I read that you can request for a Key to the World card for everybody and I guess that works, correct. I would need to link the card to my reservation and I guess every time anyone in our group takes a picture, they would just scan the Key to the World Card, correct?

Is this the only way for everyone to be able to take pictures and have them sync to Memory Maker?
If you don’t have magic bands, you can scan the KTTW card, the photopass code in the app (You can screenshot from your app and send to everyone in your party as a photo, it’ll still work - set as their phone Lock Screen so you don’t have to search for it every time), or the photopass photographer can give you a card that you can link to your account later.

Last edited:
The photopass code in the MDE app can be found if you go to the 3 lines in the right corner and click on the photos tile. Then “link photos” and then “show photopass code” (the one with the Mickey ears).

You don’t have to buy the MB+ - they still sell the MB2, the less expensive one.

But if you don’t have any MBs, be sure to turn on Bluetooth on your phone and allow MDE to use it. That will link ride photos to your account that don’t have tap points at the end, like SDMT. The KTTW cards won’t link long-distance photos.

So you turn on Bluetooth, and set it to “everyone”? And you have to leave it on “everyone” all day?

And then, in the split-second your coaster passes the camera, the camera connects to your phone and attaches the picture to your account?

Then does everyone in your group need to have their own cellphone # attached to their MDE account? (In case you split up and do separate rides, single rider, etc.)?

So you turn on Bluetooth, and set it to “everyone”? And you have to leave it on “everyone” all day?
Turn on Bluetooth on your phone. Then you have to allow your MDE account to access Bluetooth. I honestly don't remember how to do that, and I looked for instructions just now but couldn't find them. I do remember that every time I opened the MDE app on my phone, it reminded me to "allow access to Bluetooth," until I did!
And then, in the split-second your coaster passes the camera, the camera connects to your phone and attaches the picture to your account?
Well, it's supposed to do it, just like it does it with a MB.
Then does everyone in your group need to have their own cellphone # attached to their MDE account? (In case you split up and do separate rides, single rider, etc.)?
It's just like a MB. If someone is not riding with you, their photos won't connect to your MB, and if they don't have a MB of their own, their photos won't connect to them either. So they either need to have a phone with an MDE account on it connected to Bluetooth, or a MB.

Some groups get around this issue by buying MBs for some members of the group (members who are likely to ride separately from others) but not all. A MB in a pocket should pick up ride photos as well as a phone in a pocket.

Even if they don't have their own log in for MDE, I would still download the app on their phone and use your log in for all the phones. Secondly, if you plan on using Genie+ I would really consider having a second person with access. With two people, one person can try for GOTG VQ and the other can book Remy. Similar plan for the other parks. If you have an Apple Watch it can do most everything that MagicBand can do.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter