Memory maker worth it?

samantha3590

Mouseketeer
Im trying to decide. It is just my husband and I going for 9 nights. He’s not into taking photos at all but I am haha. Anybody out there who was on the fence about it and glad they purchased? Thanks!

My fiance and I got it for our trip last March (also 9 nights) and we both thought it was so worth it! We did every Photopass we saw, met all the characters and got pictures with them, and had a TON of high quality, easy to access pictures to show for it. And it makes it so easy, they just scan your magicband and poof, you've got them. However, we are the type of people who wanted pictures with everything and everyone. If you don't plan on using the Photopass photographers very much (not interested in character photos or pictures with popular landmarks), then I'd say don't bother, just take your own pictures of exactly what you want to remember.

I think it's worth it. It's nice to be able to get everyone in the picture and the special effects are good.

I've never done it but am going to pay for it for our upcoming trip. Only my husband and I are traveling, but he can't stand it when I ask strangers to take our picture and selfie sticks aren't allowed. I figure this might be the easiest way to get pictures of both of us during our trip.

We purchased it for our family trip this past May. It was worth definitely worth it. We received so many great photos that will be wonderful reminders/memories of our amazing trip. The wait for photographers was not bad at all, only the shot in front of Epcot’s spaceship Earth was a wait and this was mainly because of rude people jumping in the photo shot line to take their own pictures. The need to rope that area off. I really felt sorry for the PhotoPass photographer..

We purchased it for the 1st time in 2015 and loved it. Prior to this, I had a ton of photos of either just myself or just him - I loved that at the end of the trip we had over 100 photos of both of us together. He feels the same way ( not really into a ton of photos of himself ) so we took the majority at the beginning of the trip and I promised I would not ask for more than 4 at one park. After awhile, he started pointing out spots which is how we got so many.

You can buy individual photos for $15 each. Do you think you’d pay that for 12 or more photos?

One thing to think about, like all things- there are lineups for every photo. Seems annoying to me.
Do you mean the photographers have set poses for everyone, or that there are lines of people waiting to get their photos taken?

If it's the latter, I`m not sure there is any way around that. Lines for everything at WDW!

We did it back in 2013 and are doing it again next month when we go. Just nice to have "family" photos of all 3 of us together.

Do you mean the photographers have set poses for everyone, or that there are lines of people waiting to get their photos taken?

If it's the latter, I`m not sure there is any way around that. Lines for everything at WDW!

I believe the comment meant there are lines for each picture. This is not entirely true...we've walked right up to some photographers. And even when there is a line, it's like, five minutes, max.

Totally worth it. Do it!

I'd think of different poses or faces you want to make. 100 pictures of you arm-in-arm, smiling in front of (GIVEN LANDMARK) can get boring. So sometimes I'll be like, "everyone look startled." Or, "look dismayed." Or something like that....get some good pics. And of course they have the magic shots and their own ideas for pics. It's like $169 for hundreds of almost-professional quality pictures.

One thing to think about, like all things- there are lineups for every photo. Seems annoying to me.

There are lines for the photographers in front of the icons for each park (e.g. MK castle) but beyond that we often find photographers with very short lines or none at all. Some of our best photos were taken at places like the exit from BTMRR, the bridge between UK & France, at Echo Lake across from the entrance to 50s Prime Time.... You just need to look for them!

We always get it, and consider it worth it, because my husband hates to choose from all the photopass shots we get. Also, there are some things that you only get with Memory Maker, like ride photos and some videos. This way we go through them and add borders and stickers that we want, and then order the Archive CD with everything on it, for $30. This also includes many very nice stock photos from the parks and resorts, as well, on a second disk.
:)

My husband and I are married 43 years. I am a Disney addict and usually travel with my girlfriends. Went to a conference in 2016 and he accompanied me. The memory maker photos are the best shots of my husband and me since we got married!!! absolutely wonderful shots.

At first he wasn't thrilled about taking all the photos (because my girlfriends and I stop at every photopass photographer and ask for magic shots at each one) but once he got in to it, we got some incredibly cute shots. in most of the magic shots he is trying to catch the character involved. the photopass photographers thought he was a riot and had fun with him doing it.

I'd really encourage you to get it, especially for the length of time you are there. All the ride photos are included

My wife and I only considered NOT getting it for a brief moment, but I think we both knew we were always going to get it for our trip in January. Photos from the cellphone aside, we're just going to let the professionals with better access and cameras take the shots while we focus on the moment and our son's first time at WDW. We're even considering booking a second trip even though our January trip is months away and buying APs to save money, and one of the factors in our AP decision is receiving MM free for both trips, which is already a $340 "savings".

Totally worth it for 9 nights ESPECIALLY with some of the ride shots that you automatically get. Even better are the ones like 7DMT that has a mini video featuring you. Totally awesome.

Totally worth it and for me its the only way to get pictures of my daughter and myself together as getting her relatives to take a picture just isn't worth the time.

He’s not into taking photos at all but I am haha.
Funny mine was totally not into stopping at the photopass photographers - they would ask you to do certain things - look surprised, point at the ground and in our initial pictures from the trip you can see the lack of enthusiasm (they are pretty funny to look at now). Once we started looking at the pictures of the day each night he saw how cool these pictures were and was all on board. Some of the best pics are from the rides. To make the most of it you do need to make an effort to stop at the photographers. It was so great to see some day time pics of us and the castle and night time ones. All the magic shots are really cute. So yes worth it - definitely buy in advance because it cost less.

If you are going for 9 nights - are you planning on another trip in the next year? If so then getting an annual pass might be a good savings -- dining and shopping discounts, memory maker - has been included in with the pass.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter