• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Memory Maker yay or nay

We spent seven days in the parks recently. Our family of five did pirates league so that alone made it worth it. We got about 300 pictures plus a few ride videos. I was reluctant to spend so much money but I'm glad I did. We have so few pictures of all of us taken outside of professional sessions but at disney I know we get group shots. There are also photos taken candidly of the kids that I could not have gotten.

I also have an AP running out in May, and from what I've read here, you can upgrade to the new AP to take advantage of the Photopass pictures with the new AP. It's what I plan on doing. Assuming you have what was the "regular" AP, you upgrade to Platinum (I think, the names are all confusing to me) and it should be just over $100 rather than the $169 for MM. There's a whole thread about what you're getting with the AP Photopass entitlement, but in a nutshell, it seems that only the person who has the upgraded AP can download pics and while Disney has said that only the pics with the scanned AP band are included, in reality it seems to be everyone in the friends and family. Try to find that thread for current info and people who have actually done it!

Photopass photographers can do regular photos (you posed with the castle, for example), magic shots (like the ones with you holding tink, but tink is added after the photo is taken) and there are occasionally "Animated magic shots" which have some kind of character moving around you, but you're still just a still photo - for instance at SWW they had stormtroopers walking in front of my son and I).

Thank you, msmama, I appreciate your help! I'm probably gonna go ahead and upgrade to the new AP and get MM for cheaper. Hopefully this will be the same all around as if I bought the more expensive MM at $169, but only have to pay the $101 instead. I will have to look for that thread. Thanks again! :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter