Memory Maker

I have been to Disney several times in the past and have never purchased the photo packages but I am going with my best friend and her family and we are considering splitting the price and doing it this time. I will have my new little one (adopting) with me and I just want to be IN a lot of pictures instead of ALWAYS being the photographer. Debating whether to bring my big camera or not. Didn't use it much on the last trips but it did come in handy when my phone died! ;)

We had Memory Maker as a promo on our package last year, we are planning our trip for next year already (even though this year's beach vacation is in a week) and I am planning on purchasing it. Having all the meet and greet photos, character meal photos, ride shots and family pictures (that I get to be in) makes it well worth it to us. The "Magic Shots" with Tinkerbell, Stitch et al is a lot of fun too. And since it all links into a single account through the MagicBands its easy to share experiences if your group is spread out around the parks. Hope this helped, and have a magical time!pirate:

We purchased it for our July trip. I am not taking a camera for family photos and we really want ride photos so it made perfect sense for us.

We are here this week now and thoroughly appreciating (well I am) that I bought memory maker. I have some great family pictures already. Although, I am disappointed at the Mickey Mouse and Winnie the Pooh wait times to get a picture. It's been 45 min minimum when we've passed by those areas in MK. Still haven't been able to wait that long with the kids just to take a picture.

Standard pics are of characters around parks and some scenery shots.

So technically, I wouldn't need to take pics of Cinderella Castle, EPCOT ball, etc.? I'm sure I'd snap shots of them anyway--it's just a reflex for me when I get to the park! I'm sure the ones provided on Memory Maker would be of better quality and not have my thumb in the corner though :)

How do the ride photos work? Do you scan in on the ride before the pic. I may do this for the family.

Just wear your MagicBand on the ride. The camera picks up on the RFID chip in the band and syncs it to your account. We just used it and thought it was pretty cool.

We split with another family last year, and it was definitely worth it! Now deciding whether it's worth it for just us this year . . .

We did it on October and don't regret it one bit. We made a point of stopping and getting our picture taken whenever we saw a photopass person. We also got the photographs from all the meet & greets, BBB, plus Beast while we were eating at BOG, Belle from Akerhaus and during our meal at 'Ohana (Mickey, Lilo, Pluto, Stitch, Goofy). I loved the "magic shots" of my girls in front of the castle holding Tink, in front of Eric's castle holding Sebastian, and dancing with Olaf at AK. So cute! But my favorite was the ride photos. Everything automatically shows up so we were able to look at the days pictures that night. I loved it and will likely do it again.

Just wear your MagicBand on the ride. The camera picks up on the RFID chip in the band and syncs it to your account. We just used it and thought it was pretty cool.

That is pretty crazy and awesome! I'm really looking forward to the ride pictues with my 6 year old!

Yeah. If you have an iPhone or something with you you can check your account soon after getting off of the ride to make sure that they made it. It might not be right away but within an hour or so you should be able to see the pictures or videos. It worked pretty flawlessly for us.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter