Menu questions, I’m so confused

How close does this estimate need to get? It’s sounding like you need it pretty close if you are down to counting soda. If so, I suggest adding 10% to any figure you come up with because it may well go up again

MDE is the most accurate, with the QS being extremely accurate due to online ordering.

It probably doesn’t need to be as close as I am trying to get it. I know my budget will have an couple hundred dollars at least. I want to try to plan and save as much as I can because anything extra will be shifted over to my souvenir budget. I also have anxiety and being very detailed with my planning helps. Thank you for your help. I am definitely going to be sure to leave extra in the budget.

It probably doesn’t need to be as close as I am trying to get it. I know my budget will have an couple hundred dollars at least. I want to try to plan and save as much as I can because anything extra will be shifted over to my souvenir budget. I also have anxiety and being very detailed with my planning helps. Thank you for your help. I am definitely going to be sure to leave extra in the budget.
Another idea to toss out, have you considered some Disney gift cards from somewhere like Target? They can be bought at 5% discount and used towards your food budget

Another idea to toss out, have you considered some Disney gift cards from somewhere like Target? They can be bought at 5% discount and used towards your food budget

Yes I have bought $500, $100, $50, and $25 gift cards so far with my Red Card. I plan to buy three more $500 cards before we leave. I actually got the card just to buy the gift cards for my trip. I plan to use them for meals, parking, and souvenirs. I love that you can save on the gift cards, that adds up quickly. I wish I had done that to pay for the trip as well.

Another idea is that many meals, both QS and table service are easily shareable, especially when it is hot. For Disney Sorings, unless anyone is wedded to TRex, you can get huge platters at Polite Pig for much less $$. Chicken Guy food is splittable, and Deluxe burger burgers would be enough for many for 2 people.

There is better food in AK than Restaurantosaurus. The Yak and Yeti walk up window, Satuuli Canteen, and Harambe all have excellent food. If you join the landry’s select club, and say it is your birthday the month you go, you will end up with a $25 credit to use at Yak &Yeti, rain forest or T-Rex.

If you put in a grocery order, you can do breakfasts in the room, and take snacks or even a lunch into the park, freeing a bunch of $$$.

In Epcot, there is lots of QS that has more food and is cheaper than Connections. Sunshine Seasons has lots of options. The walk up fish and chips would serve 2. And Mexico has filling nachos and empanadas.

If you Google YouTube for cheap WDW you will find many videos with lots od suggestions.

Another idea is that many meals, both QS and table service are easily shareable, especially when it is hot. For Disney Sorings, unless anyone is wedded to TRex, you can get huge platters at Polite Pig for much less $$. Chicken Guy food is splittable, and Deluxe burger burgers would be enough for many for 2 people.

There is better food in AK than Restaurantosaurus. The Yak and Yeti walk up window, Satuuli Canteen, and Harambe all have excellent food. If you join the landry’s select club, and say it is your birthday the month you go, you will end up with a $25 credit to use at Yak &Yeti, rain forest or T-Rex.

If you put in a grocery order, you can do breakfasts in the room, and take snacks or even a lunch into the park, freeing a bunch of $$$.

In Epcot, there is lots of QS that has more food and is cheaper than Connections. Sunshine Seasons has lots of options. The walk up fish and chips would serve 2. And Mexico has filling nachos and empanadas.

If you Google YouTube for cheap WDW you will find many videos with lots od suggestions.
Thank you so much!!

For example, Connections Eatery in Epcot has an American Classic Burger with lettuce, pickle, tomato, cheddar, roasted garlic spread on a toasted bun for $11.99. It doesn’t say anything about including sides. They do have a list of sides in a different section that includes fries for $4.49. Does that mean I have to order the fries separate and the burger doesn’t come with anything? Can I order it with nothing but cheese?
That burger comes with a choice of side (fries, coleslaw, side salad, mandarin). You can leave off any of the toppings in a mobile order.
For QS places, playing around with a mobile order will give you the best idea of what you get and how you can alter menu items.

We find that we come up ahead on the resort refillable mugs. DH and I both drink coffee and tea in the morning. You can fill up your mug before you leave for the parks and then we usually refill again when we get back in the afternoon. Depending on your hotel you might have access to a Coke Freestyle machine which has sparkling water, lemonade and hi-c as well. You just have to do the math when you get there based on your stay.

Keep in mind that adults can order a kids meal too at QS locations. I find the portions not to be too far off from what I would normally get in an adult meal. Drink cups are smaller which can be annoying. Burger patty's are thinner than the adult versions and you might only get two chicken strips instead of three----but it can save a few bucks.

If we really wanted soda for the parks I would buy some and keep it in the hotel fridge, then bring a couple bottles in with a backpack cooler. You can buy a locker for the day for less then the cost of the soda for your family.

We used ziplock bags and hotel ice as ice packs when needed

We find that we come up ahead on the resort refillable mugs.

Exactly. If you think you're going to get 5 sodas at your resort food courts, you've paid for your mug (assuming you get the plastic mug - if you get the metal mug it jumps to 7 sodas).

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter