• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Menu to miss for Animation Magic Menu?

fromthePDX

Earning My Ears
I was just wondering if anyone has an opinion on which one among the Prince and Princess, Captain's Gala, or See Ya Real Soon menus would be the one to miss for the Animation Magic Menu at AP.

I understand that the main courses would be the same as the scheduled menu for that night but the starters and desserts that accompany the menu of the night would be replaced by an appetizer trio and a soup. Correct?

The apps and desserts all look so good on those three specialty menus that I don't know which one would be the two best to base the dining rotation request around. Going on a Fantasy Western soon and trying to button up plans.

What do you guys think?

Thanks!

I'm not sure if I understand the question, however if you are concerned about missing a menu due to your dining rotation, that will not be an issue. No matter what your rotation is you will get all 3 rotational menus and then all the specialty menus. The only way you would miss any of the 7 menus would be if you opt to skip the MDR 1 night.

With that said, if I had to miss one of the menus you listed, I would skip the See Ya Real Soon menu.

I'm not sure if I understand the question, however if you are concerned about missing a menu due to your dining rotation, that will not be an issue. No matter what your rotation is you will get all 3 rotational menus and then all the specialty menus. The only way you would miss any of the 7 menus would be if you opt to skip the MDR 1 night.

With that said, if I had to miss one of the menus you listed, I would skip the See Ya Real Soon menu.

Thanks for your answer! I was thinking along the same lines so at least I could keep it consistent with our desired ERAERRA dining rotation.

I'll restate my question more succinctly for the benefit of others:

Which among the Prince and Princess, Captain's Gala, and SYRS menus would you choose to replace with the Animation Magic menu?

I understand that the main entree's would be the same for the scheduled menu that night but yiou would miss out on the apps and desserts, correct?

Hope other folks would chime in with their preferences. Thanks!

I think OP is concerned about the menu on the Animation Magic show night. While all the dining rooms will have the same menu, the one in AP is abbreviated. You have no choice in appetizer/soups, nor, I believe in the dessert (I could be wrong about that). The only choice you have is the entree.

OP is asking which abbreviated menu would you pick, if you had to pick one over the other.

I think OP is concerned about the menu on the Animation Magic show night. While all the dining rooms will have the same menu, the one in AP is abbreviated. You have no choice in appetizer/soups, nor, I believe in the dessert (I could be wrong about that). The only choice you have is the entree.

OP is asking which abbreviated menu would you pick, if you had to pick one over the other

This is what I was meaning to ask. Thanks Princess Shmoo!

I totally understand where OP is coming from. The abbreviated appetizer and soup options for the AP Magic Show are completely unappealing to me. I would not want/eat either the app trio or soup. Would they provide an alternate app and salad if you make a request
of your servers, maybe the night before so they would know beforehand.

I totally understand where OP is coming from. The abbreviated appetizer and soup options for the AP Magic Show are completely unappealing to me. I would not want/eat either the app trio or soup. Would they provide an alternate app and salad if you make a request
Maybe. But I wouldn't want to put my servers on the spot by asking. DCL has set the procedure for that dining room on that evening. The reason, reportedly, is to "save time". Asking your servers to get a different item (off menu) won't achieve that goal.

Maybe. But I wouldn't want to put my servers on the spot by asking. DCL has set the procedure for that dining room on that evening. The reason, reportedly, is to "save time". Asking your servers to get a different item (off menu) won't achieve that goal.

I totally get this and wouldn't want them to be put on the spot.

I am resigned to the fact that I will miss one set of apps during the cruise. I just need some inputs on which one because they all look so good! After looking through them though, I am leaning towards missing the SYRS menu, but it wouldn't because I don't like whats on the menu.

I would hope that they at least have alternatives for people with allergies/food needs. If I read the menus correctly, neither the platter or the soup is gluten-free.

I would hope that they at least have alternatives for people with allergies/food needs. If I read the menus correctly, neither the platter or the soup is gluten-free.
Yes, I would think so. But, those types of "substitutions" would be already in the program for those people. Not asked for on the spot (or the night before).

Yes, I would think so. But, those types of "substitutions" would be already in the program for those people. Not asked for on the spot (or the night before).

I can confirm that. GF/DF option is available. I forget what my wife got, but the servers knew the limited menu would be a problem for her and had an alternative suggestion ready for her the night before when they took the rest of her order.

When I declined to order an appetiser my server enquirer why. I said I would only eat one item from the trio, he brought me a double portion of that item. I don't know if that would help?

I can confirm that. GF/DF option is available. I forget what my wife got, but the servers knew the limited menu would be a problem for her and had an alternative suggestion ready for her the night before when they took the rest of her order.

Thank you! :)

My solution is to eat at Remy that night. I really dislike the abbreviated menu. And the show does not appeal to me.

But if I would have to pick one it would not be Prince & Princess as that is my overall favourite menu of them all.

They will go off menu if you asked. How do I know this? I was dreaming of a delicious salad from a previous night to replace the mediocre looking one on the menu (that ended up being not good at all), but didn't ask because I didn't want to be a jerk. But the folks at the other table in our group didn't care, asked, and got them. Why our same waiter (1 big group split over 2 tables with 1 waiter + 1 assistant) wouldn't offer the salad to the rest of the group is beyond me. I was not happy.

Yes, I'm a princess, why do you ask?

Also, we were blessed with the triple whammy of Animator's Pallet with the animation show (first rotation was pirate night), with the See Ya Real Soon menu, AND a whole round of scheduled inspections in the morning during turnaround. It was honestly the worst meal I've had on a Disney vessel in every sense, the waiters were insanely stressed. But it sucked because I couldn't dock them points on the survey for it, because it wasn't their fault Disney tried to shove all that in the same night.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter