Merge reservation/bookings?

I’m glad I found this. We are booked for 2 nights at Poly in December and our third night waitlist just matched. I’ve heard of merging but didn’t know how it worked.

We had our waitlist come through recently for the first day of our stay. I was actually wondering what happens if we didn't merge - would we be kept in the same room?

I was thinking if we could add the dining plan for the first night to get the cups and our arrival day character meal with the DP that would be great. We have a full kitchen so dining plan not worth it at all for rest of stay but it would be worth it for the one day. Not if we have to pack up and move though. That would be a pain.

We had our waitlist come through recently for the first day of our stay. I was actually wondering what happens if we didn't merge - would we be kept in the same room?

I was thinking if we could add the dining plan for the first night to get the cups and our arrival day character meal with the DP that would be great. We have a full kitchen so dining plan not worth it at all for rest of stay but it would be worth it for the one day. Not if we have to pack up and move though. That would be a pain.

They used to allow that but then changed it and if you were in the same room type and didn’t want to switch rooms it had to be merged to prevent t people from trying to buy the dining plan every other day.

It was one of the reasons when we did that we booked on different memberships because merging couldn’t happen and because they had to be separate with a check in and out…it worked… although more often we were moving resorts so we were able to do some nights and not the others.

Update:

I called to request a merge on a Saturday.

On the following Saturday, I checked my DVC account when I woke up. It showed 2 reservations.
During the afternoon, I got an email showing that the one-night reservation was cancelled.
I checked my DVC account, and it showed one reservation for all of the nights.
So the merger was complete.
It used the confirmation number which originally had belonged to the longer reservation.

About a half hour after I received the cancellation email, I received a "we can't wait to welcome you home" email which showed the full dates.

Thank you to everyone on this thread for providing info which made me comfortable doing this.

Last edited:
I know this is an old thread, but I was on the phone renewing my AP, and the ops CM was able to merge a reservation for me immediately after. Super convenient, very fast -- figured I'd share in case anyone is able to time that together on a call in the future.

Thanks!

I know this is an old thread, but I was on the phone renewing my AP, and the ops CM was able to merge a reservation for me immediately after. Super convenient, very fast -- figured I'd share in case anyone is able to time that together on a call in the future.

Thanks!

It used to always happen immediately when you called or used chat. Then, they changed the process for merging and they starting saying that it would take 7 to 10 days.

It used to always happen immediately when you called or used chat. Then, they changed the process for merging and they starting saying that it would take 7 to 10 days.
I used chat last week to merge three reservations to one. The chat agent said he sent an email and it would be merged withing 7 days. I got an emails that same evening showing that it had been completed.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter