• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Merps In the World - A March 2015 PTR UPDATED: 11/7

dramaqueenemj22

Mouseketeer
Merps in the World - Introductions!

Hey Guys!:wave2:

Some of you may remember me, or will when I introduce myself but I’m here to do my first PTR, The Merps in the World!

Before I begin I guess I should give you the definition of Merp. Much Like Jess (DisneyFreak508) and Kristen (DisneyFreak616)’s term Frump, some of my closest friends and I call ourselves Merps and use it many different forms. Such as…. Noun: a person who is willing to be themselves no matter how crazy, goofy or stupid no matter where they are. Much like the expression, dance like no one is watching :banana: :cool1: :dance3:. Verb: Merping is when you let your merp out in public :rolleyes1. 3. Adjective: basically describe a merp or to merpish action.

The title of the PTR basically came from a tradition we have where when we go somewhere we say Merps in the (insert place here) so I figured Merps in the World was appropriate.

Now you’re probably wondering who the Merps are, right? Let’s do the introduction.

DSCN0997.jpg

Me:
20131204_185219.jpg

That’s me, I’m Emma, A.K.A. the voice behind this PTR, the head planner (the only one who’s been to Disney) and the one who will be recording, taking picture and videos for the TR when we get back. Some of you may recognize me from first TR I'm Never Going to Disney This Close to Easter Again. ). I also am a lot of things. I’m Merp (duh!), College Student, Dreamer, writer (I love to write, more on that later), TV Nerd, crafter and puppy lover. I go to school at a small state school where I am a liberal studies major, A.K.A I have no clue what I’m going to do with my life. I also am a blogger, I blog over on a small blog, The World According to Emma. You can check it out but the really reason I am telling you this because some of my picture might have a water mark with the blogs name on it because I edit it in there for blog post. I’m only going to favorites for myself because I don’t know their favorites.
Favorite Park: Hollywood Studio
Favorite Character: Stitch
Favorite Princess: Tiana
Favorite Restaurant: Tony’s Town Square or Be Our Guest
Favorite Ride: Spaceship Earth, Haunted Mansion, People Mover, Big Thunder, American Adventure

Hannah
DSCN0913.jpg

That’s Hannah. She’s my roommate, we’ve lived together since freshmen year and live together now (sophomore year) and plan to live together next year. Not only is she my roommate but one of my best friends in the world. She puts up with my craziness and my strange quirks and loves me anyways. Hannah is a pre-nursing major at our school. Hopefully by the time we go to Disney we will be celebrating the fact that she got into the program! She’s never been to Disney and she’s so excited to go and even though the trip isn’t for a while we still talk about it, a lot. Including watching Disney VLOGs on Youtube!

Mandi
DSCN0971.jpg

Mandi is one of Hannah and mine’s best friend. She spends a lot of time in our room and we always joke that she is basically our third roommate. We met her and pretty much cliqued instantly. Mandi is a psych major at our school and going to school be psychologist. Much like Hannah (as far as I know) Mandi has never been to Disney either.

We are hoping that we can find one more person to make us a group of four but we don’t know who else yet. We’ll keep you updated.

We don’t know a lot of details yet because it’s still pretty far away. What we do know, is the when, the why and the how. Want to know? I bet so I’ll tell you :)

When: Spring Break 2015 a few weeks before Easter ;)
Why: Spring Break, Fun with the Merps, and my 21st birthday!
How: We want to carpool down which will take us about 19 hours!

So that’s all we know for now. We are going to start planning other things soon but I’ll keep you guys updated!​

Hi Merps,
I did read your other trip report, you can call me a lurker. I don't usually comment often . We are going to WDW in March 2014,

Hi Merps,
I did read your other trip report, you can call me a lurker. I don't usually comment often . We are going to WDW in March 2014,

Thank you so much for joining! I'm glad that you enjoyed my last TR enough to come and follow this one as well!

Saving Mr. Banks Movie Review

Hey guys! So, this isn't Disney trip planning related but I wanted to share it with you guys because I don't want this PTR to sit around gathering dust until I have real things to share. So, I figured that I would share a movie review that I wrote for my blog about Saving Mr. Banks. This is excatly what I wrote from my blog but I do own my blog so I don't care if I share it in two places. I hope you enjoy it.

Hello All,
This past weekend I went to see Saving Mr. Banks with Mama J (who bye the way is a new reader! Welcome!). The only word I can think to describe this movie was phenomenal!
I remember seeing the trailer for the movie awhile ago and just thinking to myself, "God, I have to see this movie!" And then it came out in the theaters and I waited patiently for an opportunity to go see it. I even debated seeing it by myself but finally I got to see it!
For those of you who haven't heard about the movie or know what its about Walt Disney trying to get the rights to produce Mary Poppins! The author of Mary Poppins, Mrs. Travers (Emma Thompson) was stubborn who didn't like an of Walt Disney's ideas. The two spent the majority of the time arguing over what was right.
We also go a look in Mrs. Travers' past including the tough childhood that she had and the father (Colin Farrel) who she looked up to like no other. We saw why she was the way she was. Not only was Thompson phenomal in Mrs. Travers but Annie Rose Buckley played young Travers amazingly well. If I were a casting a director I'd keep an eye on young Buckley.
We also got to see Robert (BJ Novak) and Richard (Jason Schwatzman) Sherman who composed the music and how they wrote some of the most iconic songs from the award winning Mary Poppins.
I loved seeing Novak play a character that was a polar opposite of his women chasing jerk in the office. But in my opinion EVERY single character in this movie made a great movie and amazed me to no end.
Have you seen Saving Mr. Banks? What did you think about it? Let me know in the comments below.
P.S. - Who wouldn't want to go to Disneyland with Walt Disney himself?

Like I said that was something that I wrote for my blog. I move back into school soon and we'll probably start discussing in more detail what when where and how we want to do this trip and I will share it with you! I hope you all have a create day!

Next Post

My Internal Debate

So, I can't stop thinking about this trip! I'm so excited because 1. I have never done a whole Disney trip with a friend, I've met up with a friend but never done a whole trip with one. 2. I'm going with two of my very best friends and 3. I'm the primary planner on this trip which means my Type A planning can go to good use.

But with being the primary planner also comes with some debate. I am the only person who has every been to Disney, or at least recently. I'm the one who knows what a dinning plan is or what kind of park hopper would be best.

With all these thoughts roaming around my head I couldn't help wondering whether flying or driving is best. I originally thought driving because I thought that it would be cheaper. And it still might be.

But I forgot that they're are some hidden cost to driving. Like gas, the trip is in about 15ish month and who knows how much gas will cost then. And also there is no way that we could sanely drive all 19 hours in one day so we'd have to stay over night both ways so a hotel would cost money.

And there are some benefits to flying. You get there in one day. You don't have to do any of the driving. And since we are planning to stay on property we can ride the magical express which in my mind is most definitely magical.

So my questions that I would love to hear your opinion on is whether or not you think flying is the best option or driving? Have you driven from the Northeast? Was it fun? Any stories and opinions would be helpful because I think this will be one of first areas of discussion.

Continue to the Next Post

Let the Planning Begin!

Hello! Today Mandi and I decided we wanted to look at some prices for the trip so we could figure out how much we would need to save and started planning a little bit so of course I had to share with all you wonderful people.

The first thing we looked at was the cost of airfare, although we haven't made any concrete decisions at the moment looking at what the airfare is it will be about half the price of the whole trip so we're leaning against it.

So, that brought us to looking towards driving to Disney and we liked that price much more! We looked at about how much the gas would cost as well as how much it would us to stay at a hotel in Raleigh NC which is about the half way point for us. If we did that we would probably leave on Friday mid-afternoon after our classed are done and then leave Disney the next Saturday.

We also looked at hotel/park passes/dinning plan. All three of us agree that we want to stay at AoA, I think we might request either Little Mermaid or Finding Nemo, my vote is Finding Nemo.

For park passes we decided to do 6 days, park hopper and more opition so that we can go to one of the water parks one day, as long as its not as cold as when I went last March.

We also decided, well Mandi and I did, that we would do the dinning plan that comes with 1 snack, 1 counter service meal and 1 table service meal.

After adding all the prices up I wasn't surprised by how much it will probably cost. All the prices will be a little off just because they are this year (2014) prices instead of next years when we're actually going prices.

I'm sorry that this post isn't the most of exciting but I just wanted to give you a small update!

Continue to the Next Post

Hey there! I'm subscribing and looking forward to reading your PTR!! A friends trip will be awesome!:goodvibes

Snow Day & BIG Disney News

Hey guys!

So, unfortunately I don't have any updates on the Merp trip to Disney but I do have some excited Disney news that I will be share with you guys at the end of this real life update.

If you live in the Northeast or on the East Coast in general you know all about all the snow that we are having. Just this week we've had TWO snow days and they are predicting another one coming up on Monday because the next snow storm that is coming is supposed to be bad, we'll see. Anyways I figured since this PTR is about the Merps going to Disney I would share some Merps in the Snow pictures.

DSCN0025.jpg

DSCN0041.jpg

DSCN0046.jpg

DSCN0048.jpg

DSCN0044.jpg

DSCN0047.jpg

And now the big Disney News. As you can see in the ticker below there is a quite awhile until the Merps go to Disney. But this Merp will be enjoying the Magic of Disney in less then 100 days.

Why? You ask. Well my Aunts and Uncle invited me on a Disney Cruise! I am so excited, we are going at the end of May and it will be on the Fantasy! I have been on the Magi and the Dream

Since I'm not doing a lot of the planning of this trip I won't be starting a new PTR for that trip but I might add a couple of updates on here as well as Merp updates!

I hope everyone who is being effect by the storm is safe and warm.

Continue in the Next Post!

Less Than a Year!!!!

Hey Guys!

I forgot to post this last Thursday, school has been crazy but we are less then a year into our countdown to when the Merps go to the world! We talk about going often but we don't really have any definite plans yet but we're talking about the different things we want to do and there might be some new cast coming along as well! With changing coming I will make sure to keep you guys updated!

P.S. - Happy St. Patrick's Day!

Continue to the Next Post!

Some Exciting Changes!

Hey Guys!

Tonight (March 25, 2014) we had our first official planning meeting! Mandi even took "minutes" because we wanted to keep records.

The reason that we needed to have a planning meeting so much earlier then we expected was because a BIG change has happened! My wonderful amazing mother has offered us the ability to use her DVC points for our trip!

We went trhough and priced everything out with whether it would be more cost effective to go using DVC point or hotel and whether flying or driving was better.

After not a lot of debate on anyone's part we decided that cost wise there we had our choice of way to go. We all agreed we'd rather fly adn that DVC points was the cheapest way to go.

After our planning meeting our trip seems so much more real and I'm even more excited to go! We'll definitely have more updates coming soon!

Continue in the Next Post

Things Are Booked!

Sorry I've been MIA the past few months, life got in the way and their weren't many updates so I didn't feel a need to update but things are starting happen so I'm going to start updating more.

As of right now it is still just the 3 of us and we are going from Monday to Monday on my mom's timeshare points and we'll be staying at Old Key West! :cool1: We have been discussing paying out of pocket for the Sunday before and staying at AoA for a night. If we do that I'm going to change up our ADR because I was looking at the Virtual Tourist website and there was no combination that made that we wouldn't be in the Red for business and I'd rather go on slower days. But we'll see.

I also booked our ADRs tonight and I'm pretty excited for ADRs that I choice. These might change because of the above extra date reason or if Hannah or Mandi don't like what I chose but as of right now this is our plan.

Monday:
We are hoping to get an early morning flight so that we'll be there by early to mid afternoon. I still try to book the latest reservation possible to try and reduce any travel stress. So, our first meal we'll be at Chef Mickey's because you have to meet the Big Cheese early on in the trip right? I'm thinking depending on what time we get out we might watch the fireworks from the the Contemporary or Poly's beach as well.

Tuesday:
After looking at predicted crowd levels Animal Kingdom will probably be the least busy, I have never felt the need to spend a whole day at Animal Kingdom and knew we wouldn't be eating dinner there, because of that I chose a restaurant I haven't been to in years which is 1900 Park Fare. I figured it would be fun to eat with characters I don't normally see like Alice and Mary Poppins. Our ADRs are at 5:55 so we might end up doing something else at night such as MK or DTD, we'll see.

1900Dinner1.jpg

Photo Source

Wednesday:
Our next day will be at MGM/Hollywood Studios, whichever you prefer *Cough MGM Cough Cough***. I figured we are all enjoy a good laugh so 50's Prime Time would be a great place for the 3 of us, we'd have fun here. Our reservation are at 5:50 so we'll have some time at night to do whatever we want.
ptfun.jpg

Picture Source

Thursday:
We are going to my favorite restaurant on this night! Like if my future husband is reading this if you propose to be here, I'd be so excited, like anywhere in Disney I would be excited but this is my favorite! Anyways we are eating at Tony's Town Square at 6:25 PM.

Friday
On this night we're going somewhere I have never been before. But I thought it would be pretty cool from everything I've seen. Plus Boy Meet World has an episode there so there's that. We are eating at the Coral Reef at 6:05 PM. And then we'll probably do illuminations, or they will, I'll hide in Mouse Gears away form the loud noise.
Coral-Reef-Dining-Room-2.jpg

Image Source

Saturday
This meal is still kind of up in the air, I suggest switching it to Breakfast but we might keep it at night. I don't know we'll see. Anyways its Crystal Palace! Right now our reservations are for 6:10 PM but I think we might change it to breakfast and then do quick service for dinner.

Sunday
This is my 21st birthday night! I wanted somewhere where they'd have something fun for me to drink but ended up deciding on Via Napoli, I figure if anything Wine. I booked an earlyish ADR because we'll have to pack to go home afterwards because we leave early the next morning. I've never been to Via Napoli but I've heard good things.
EP_IT_Via_Napoli_feeding_Stromboli-cope.jpg

Image source

Now that I've booked our ADR I am so much more excited about the trip. But that's not the only upcoming trip to Disney I have planned. I also am going in December with my mom and family friend! I am so excited and definitely will be planning the trip here. I also am going to do a mini PTR on this on in a few days to share some fun plans.

Next Update!

dramaqueenemj22 said:
Things Are Booked!

Sorry I've been MIA the past few months, life got in the way and their weren't many updates so I didn't feel a need to update but things are starting happen so I'm going to start updating more.

As of right now it is still just the 3 of us and we are going from Monday to Monday on my mom's timeshare points and we'll be staying at Old Key West! :cool1: We have been discussing paying out of pocket for the Sunday before and staying at AoA for a night. If we do that I'm going to change up our ADR because I was looking at the Virtual Tourist website and there was no combination that made that we wouldn't be in the Red for business and I'd rather go on slower days. But we'll see.

I also booked our ADRs tonight and I'm pretty excited for ADRs that I choice. These might change because of the above extra date reason or if Hannah or Mandi don't like what I chose but as of right now this is our plan.

Monday:
We are hoping to get an early morning flight so that we'll be there by early to mid afternoon. I still try to book the latest reservation possible to try and reduce any travel stress. So, our first meal we'll be at Chef Mickey's because you have to meet the Big Cheese early on in the trip right? I'm thinking depending on what time we get out we might watch the fireworks from the the Contemporary or Poly's beach as well.
http://s1189.photobucket.com/user/xoem22xo/media/DisneyPTR2.jpg.html

Tuesday:
After looking at predicted crowd levels Animal Kingdom will probably be the least busy, I have never felt the need to spend a whole day at Animal Kingdom and knew we wouldn't be eating dinner there, because of that I chose a restaurant I haven't been to in years which is 1900 Park Fare. I figured it would be fun to eat with characters I don't normally see like Alice and Mary Poppins. Our ADRs are at 5:55 so we might end up doing something else at night such as MK or DTD, we'll see.

Photo Source

Wednesday:
Our next day will be at MGM/Hollywood Studios, whichever you prefer *Cough MGM Cough Cough***. I figured we are all enjoy a good laugh so 50's Prime Time would be a great place for the 3 of us, we'd have fun here. Our reservation are at 5:50 so we'll have some time at night to do whatever we want.

Picture Source

Thursday:
We are going to my favorite restaurant on this night! Like if my future husband is reading this if you propose to be here, I'd be so excited, like anywhere in Disney I would be excited but this is my favorite! Anyways we are eating at Tony's Town Square at 6:25 PM.
http://s1189.photobucket.com/user/xoem22xo/media/DisneyPTR.jpg.html

Friday
On this night we're going somewhere I have never been before. But I thought it would be pretty cool from everything I've seen. Plus Boy Meet World has an episode there so there's that. We are eating at the Coral Reef at 6:05 PM. And then we'll probably do illuminations, or they will, I'll hide in Mouse Gears away form the loud noise.

Image Source

Saturday
This meal is still kind of up in the air, I suggest switching it to Breakfast but we might keep it at night. I don't know we'll see. Anyways its Crystal Palace! Right now our reservations are for 6:10 PM but I think we might change it to breakfast and then do quick service for dinner.
http://s1189.photobucket.com/user/xoem22xo/media/DisneyPTR3.jpg.html
Sunday
This is my 21st birthday night! I wanted somewhere where they'd have something fun for me to drink but ended up deciding on Via Napoli, I figure if anything Wine. I booked an earlyish ADR because we'll have to pack to go home afterwards because we leave early the next morning. I've never been to Via Napoli but I've heard good things.

Image source

Now that I've booked our ADR I am so much more excited about the trip. But that's not the only upcoming trip to Disney I have planned. I also am going in December with my mom and family friend! I am so excited and definitely will be planning the trip here. I also am going to do a mini PTR on this on in a few days to share some fun plans.

More to come!

1900 Fare Ave Dinner is Cinderella, Step Sisters, Step Mother and the Prince. Mary Poppins and Alice are at Breakfast

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter