Merriest after party OR a full second MK day?

zomama

Mouseketeer
If you had to choose between a full second day at MK or the after party which would you choose? It would cost us about $100 more per person to do the after party instead of the 4th day ticket. We plan to do every park except AK (we’ve been many times but it just isn’t our favorite).

For us, I would choose the 2nd full day at the parks. First, it's just more cost-efficient. More park, less money. Second, you'll still get to see all the decorations and eat the seasonal food, if you want. Not that I wouldn't love the party, but overall, just too expensive for a few hours. JMHO :santa:

I would choose the party, especially if you don't go during the Christmas season a lot. It will be a different experience than your day at MK and you'll hopefully get rides with low waits plus the parade and fireworks. We love the parks at night.

I’d pick the party just because I love events. And it still gets you in a few hours before the party starts!!

I'm a bit torn - I still want to be able to do the party, but the ruling, pragmatic part of my brain says it's not worth it at about 6x the cost of an additional full day for our dates. If I were there for one of the cheaper dates, if I were going with just one other person, or if the party just worked a lot better for our schedule, I could probably find a way to justify it.

Is it all adults in your party? Young kids? If you do the party will everyone be able to stay up late enough to enjoy it?

It depends on your travel dates. If that 2nd MK day is going to be very crowded, I would probably spring for the party. On the other hand, perhaps calculate how much it would cost to add Genie+ and the Individual Attraction Selections to your 2nd MK day and see if you could still come out ahead of the party - that would give you more time in the park and the chance to still do the attractions with a bit less wait time. We went to Boo Bash and, while the lines were not long, the party itself was so bare bones. If the parties stay like this, I don't think we will return.

I'd do a second day if we had the time. Everything is open for a full park day. Not sure, but I think some restaurants and rides are closed during the Merriest After Party?

Also, my input is based on principle. We thought about going until we saw how much it was.

I would choose After Hours. If your focus is attractions, you will cover more in that one event than you will in a full park day.

I think it depends on the ages of any kids traveling with you and their stamina. If all family members would have the stamina to stay up to get the full experience of the party, then I'd choose the party. If you think you would only last a couple hours, then I'd choose the full second day.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter