Merry Christmas and Thank you

TammyLynn33

DIS Veteran
Merry Christmas fellow Canadians !!
And I wanted to say thank you to all of you for all your help and future help(ha ha we don’t go until Easter)
not once on our little sub-forum category here have I encountered a poster that makes me feel like I’m asking stupid questions , or just all in all bad about myself . ( posted on the disabilities section about being nervous about taking son to which I heard back maybe you shouldn’t go )Maybe it’s just me but things can get almost snippy out there in reg boards lol
Just reassures me maybe Canadians are the nicest ppl in the world ..
Happy Holidays All and Thank you
XO

Merry Christmas TammyLynn33
Yep I have ventured out into the DiS sub forums a few times and always head back here,,we Canadians are great!
May you and your family be blessed with a beautiful Christmas!
Hugs
Mel
wishing-you-christmas-and-new-year-wishes.jpg

So this is Xmas
And what have you done
Another year over
And a new one just begun
And so this is Xmas
I hope you have fun
The near and the dear one
The old and the young

A very Merry Xmas
And a happy New Year
Let's hope it's a good one
Without any fear

- John Lennon

Add me to the count of those who rarely step foot outside of the safety of the CDN boards! I marvel at how much hostility there can be on a social media platform over DISNEY??!!??!! A long time ago (OMG sooo long) i was part of a chat group on AOL and we used the "Mickey Rule" -- don't say anything that Mickey wouldn't to a child. I still to this day, will say something "Hoovers" instead of sucks. I think that those of us who post here follow that rule as well without even mentioning it! We are always willing to help each other, share personal tips, find answers for people who are looking for support without adding side remarks.

**side note to the OP here, I've had the same reaction from the disability section, a place where you would expect compassion to rule. I so sorry you had to deal with that when all you want is support and suggestions for how to let your child (and your entire family) enjoy a special trip. I hope you were able to get the answers you need and if not, ask HERE, there are several of us who have experience with that as well.

Merry Christmas fellow Canadians !!
And I wanted to say thank you to all of you for all your help and future help(ha ha we don’t go until Easter)
not once on our little sub-forum category here have I encountered a poster that makes me feel like I’m asking stupid questions , or just all in all bad about myself . ( posted on the disabilities section about being nervous about taking son to which I heard back maybe you shouldn’t go )Maybe it’s just me but things can get almost snippy out there in reg boards lol
Just reassures me maybe Canadians are the nicest ppl in the world ..
Happy Holidays All and Thank you
XO

Merry Christmas and Happy Holidays!

I thought I had posted on your thread in the disAbilities section but apparently I did not...please feel free to ask me any questions here or send me a pm. We have taken our son (HFA) to DL 11 times and WDW twice so I may have some helpful advice.

Have a wonderful Christmas everyone and bon journey for anyone travelling. Anyone in the sunshine or on a beach think about us back in the snow and cold in Ottawa, Cape Breton, Alberta, Toronto, St John's and everywhere else the DisBoard Canadians frequenters live :)

Merry Christmas and have a safe trip.
If you want confrontation, go to the DIS Facebook page. Some poor lady posted her FP selections and some self professed Disney experts jumped all over her. She was happy and the "experts" just needed to get in there and give her crap for the way she worded it. All I read into it was she was happy about getting her selections for her upcoming trip, yet others need to dive in with their overwhelming (cough, cough) Disney expertise and try to prove it to the world.

A great thread to start OP and absolutely true. A good group lives here. :-)

I've generally had good experiences on the rest of the Boards and made online friends.

I've had a few nasty encounters but rare.

The DIS attracts passionate Disney fans. Most embrace kind. Some not so much.

i hope you have an amazing trip :)

i just wanted to say, we have been many times before but just recently took our first family trip to Disney with our 7 month old. I got negative feedback before our trip, especially from people on other parts of these boards. For very different reasons from you, people told us our trip was a bad idea. Well, we figured out how to make the vacation work for us. Was it different from the visits with just two adults? Sure! But we all had a blast, my wife and I will cherish the memories we made, and we have tons of pictures to share with our kiddo when he’s older. All of this is to say, you will figure out what works for you and your family based on everyone’s needs. I hope your family has a blast when you visit :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter