• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Merrytime: Chance of getting gingerbread house?

We are a senior couple who enjoyed putting the gingerbread house together and loved the fragrance it added to our cabin. It was fun, and we’ll do it again if we do a Merrytime cruise!:santa:

Wow, I am very surprised that it was a pre-made kit. It was definitely better than others we've had. Maybe it was the extra pixie-dust?

OP - go right to Guest Services when you board. Last year we boarded, had lunch, and THEN I read in the Navigator about the tickets! I was still able to get them. First Merrytime Cruise I didn't even know about the activity.

This activity just doesn't interest me. Recently, it appears that it's just a pre-packaged kit like I can get at my local store. There aren't any Disney decorations used. You can't take it home with you. I'm not going to eat it(If it had been gingerbread made that day, that would be different.)

A previous poster stated they delayed getting off at Castaway Cay.

I would rather do cruise-specific activities, rather than something I can get at home.

Why do you enjoy doing this activity on your cruise? What am I missing? I can be persuaded.

We can play bingo at home too but choose to on the cruise, as well as other quality family time. Actually, living in San Diego, I can do almost everything we can on the cruise, just a different location.

Making memories it is!! For our family this is our Christmas so we will try to do as much as we can.. looking forward to the gingerbread houses!!

I remember the host mention that the gingerbread was made on board.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter