Metadate CD

karynnix

<font color=green>Cleaning the house while the kid
My son has just been prescribed Metadate CD for ADHD. He is a high-functioning autistic 7 year old with severe OCD. He has been on Zoloft for the last year and just recently, the ADHD has begun to rear it's ugly head! He had a really hard time concentrating in school and it got progressively worse as the year went on. My question is: Has anyone else used this medication for their kids and has it worked? I worry about giving him anything with side effects. We tried Adderall XR and the side effects were really bad (not sleeping, losing weight, biting his fingers). I haven't filled the prescription yet because I want to make sure that he will be safe. Any info will be a big help!! :flower:

My DD took this one summer instead of Concerta to try and gain some weight. I did not notice much of a difference with it. With sleep issues we use melatonin which we buy at GNC. It works wonderfully and usually they go to sleep in 15 - 30 minutes.

My dd11 was on it because the insurance would not cover the Ritalin she was taking anymore. It did not do a thing for her. I guess she has developed an intollerance.

I can tell you her appetite was the same. Eating like normal!!!

Keep your chin up. I can see you are trying to do what's best for him.

:wave2:

My ds is 8 and is autistic. He was on Adderall for about a year then we switched to Metadate cd. It works a lot better for him and he has no sleep problems. With the Adderall he slept about 5 hrs and with the Metadate he sleeps 9 to 10 hrs depending on when it gets dark outside. I know it's strange but when he see's that it's dark he puts himself to bed :confused3
Anyway he's been on the Metadate CD for over a year and it's really helped him focus and sit through dinner. His appetite has increased with the Metadate and I now really have to watch him or he would eat all of the time. He gained 5lbs last month. I hope all works out for you and your ds :cheer2:
ps. he's also on Zoloft and they work well together especially with the OCD.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter