Metal Detectors at WDW

Elise79

DIS Veteran
Metal detectors are in place at the entrance to the parks however not all guests go through them they are selecting people at random. Bag search has been stepped up to and they are being at LOT more through in the search. Took about 10 minutes to get through with only a couple of people in front of us in our line.

I'll post a photo later as we were running late for our first FP!

And they will not allow costumes to be worn by people over age of 14 ..... and they have stopped selling some toys.

Star Wars released to day ......bad timing .

The whole not selling anything that looks like a gun has gone too far.
How on earth do bubble guns and buzz light yr blasters look like guns?

The whole not selling anything that looks like a gun has gone too far.
How on earth do bubble guns and buzz light yr blasters look like guns?

Have they actually stopped selling bubble guns? I just took that to read the semi-replica shotguns and pistols (i.e frontier land type stuff).

Have they actually stopped selling bubble guns? I just took that to read the semi-replica shotguns and pistols (i.e frontier land type stuff).

No sign of any bubble guns at MK today - they had bubble wands out.

Hope this will become normal rather than disruptive soon.

Paris has had X-ray machines for a while and guests soon got used to using them :)

Friends our in WDW this week and the crowds are of more concern ;)

Yes all bubble guns and buzz light year blasters are gone as well as anything else that looks even remotely like a gun,
Even though I can't see anyone mistake a see through light up bubble gun as an actual weapon.

We were there for 10 nights over Christmas and neither myself nor DH got chosen to go through the metal detectors. DS was chosen a few times at IG.

Totally fine with there being stuff like this.

Sadly the way the world is it has to be done

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter