Metal Tray "Environmentally Friendly Initiative" @ All-Star Music And All-Star Movies

Status
Not open for further replies.
Doesn't the paper on the chilli's pictures get torn up? Are you expected to be chewing ribs and paper? Perhaps the paper is for fiber?
That seems like a very valid concern.

I do think that a couple of the sides like the macaroni and cheese were in individual bowls.
That is what World Premiere did with our Chicken/Catfish Dinner-they put the mac and cheese in one of the little paper bowls with everything else plopped down on the wax paper.

Not something that really bothers me to be honest.
Surprisingly we have not seen one Guest complain about this new development(of course most of WDW is Brazilian this month(thousands of families/800 college students working as CMS/hundreds of 15s) and they probably just think this is "standard" in the US and don't want to complain!:))

We got the combo plate for two at The Polite Pig and this is exactly how it was served, although I do think that a couple of the sides like the macaroni and cheese were in individual bowls. Not something that really bothers me to be honest.

Yeah, I don't think it would bother me either... but will wait til we actually see pics, or go there. I wonder if they have real silverware or if it's still plastic...

The cleanliness of the trays is what I would like to know. Are they cleaned between uses? Or are they wiped down with a rag like McDonald's does with their trays? I don't even want to know how often they use clean rags on those.

Wouldn't bother me in the slightest. I'm sure more "liquid" dishes will be in bowls or separated somehow.

I can't see how the trays won't be as clean as any plates or silverware used (currently or in past).

Only drawback is the paper will definitely show how greasy/fatty the food you ordered is!:p

Last edited:
I can't believe people are surprised about the "environmentally friendly" route Disney has decided to take.

Even if you don't believe in the cause and think it's for profit, it makes perfect business sense for Disney to adopt this new way of thinking in the current era. It's a good look for them.
It will appeal to a new generation who believes in environmental initiatives. The new generation that Disney needs to attract to stay profitable. Sorry, but the oldie but goodies (I suppose at 45 I'm in this group) aren't going to be their main source of money for much longer.

So Disney doesn't care if we sit on our porches and yell about those dang changes. :p

Last edited:
At Intermission and World Premiere,when you place an order,for say,some scrambled eggs and sausage you will receive a metal tray with a piece of wax paper on it and no paper plates,paper bowls.etc.:)

Your eggs will be in a "blob" on the wax paper and your sausage will be placed in another spot on the wax paper,etc.

There will be no paper plates,etc.used.:)

There are certain items where they still do use a paper plate,but not many.

It really is "strange" the first time you see it,but it absolutely will save the environment from tons of trash.:)
That's disgusting. Nope. I won't be participating in that.

I'm all for cutting back for the sake of our local environment. I also see the point some have made here. If you can provide a tray than you can just as easily provide some sort of plate. Unless they have large dishwashing equipment close by, I don't see how that can they be kept sanitary.
I completely agree. I think most people can get behind changes that are reasonable and inexpensive to the consumer/guest (reusable bags for example). To me, it is not a generational thing but a matter of what is reasonable to the consumer. I just happen to think this is not one of those things.

I can't believe people are surprised about the "environmentally friendly" route Disney has decided to take.

Even if you don't believe in the cause and think it's for profit, it makes perfect business sense for Disney to adopt this new way of thinking in the current era. It's a good look for them.
It will appeal to a new generation who believes in environmental initiatives. The new generation that Disney needs to attract to stay profitable. Sorry, but the oldie but goodies (I suppose at 45 I'm in this group) aren't going to be their main source of money for much longer.

So Disney doesn't care if we sit on our porches and yell about those dang changes. :p

Assuming they will wash the trays, how is adding a piece of wax paper more environmentally friendly than using a real plate?

I just don't get it.

And if the trays are not being washed/ sanitized then Disney will not be getting my business or my children's (their future "money source").

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter