Mexico Cruises, thoughts?

Coss

Earning My Ears
Since my son is in public school, we can only take time off when cruises/trips are super expensive. We already plan to do one 7 day Disney Cruise every summer, but sometimes our butt itches and we want to get on a shorter DCL Cruise. One that seems to fit the time without breaking the bank are the Mexican Cruises. I am curious to see if those are really fun since their ports don't seem extremely exciting? Will they be better than the Dream? Also for those who do 1-2 cruise per year, do you guys ever get sick of it?

Since my son is in public school, we can only take time off when cruises/trips are super expensive. We already plan to do one 7 day Disney Cruise every summer, but sometimes our butt itches and we want to get on a shorter DCL Cruise. One that seems to fit the time without breaking the bank are the Mexican Cruises. I am curious to see if those are really fun since their ports don't seem extremely exciting? Will they be better than the Dream? Also for those who do 1-2 cruise per year, do you guys ever get sick of it?
I can't imagine the short Mexican cruises being better than the Dream's Bahamian cruises, as they don't stop at Castaway Cay. I'm sure you'd still have a lot of fun on the cruise, though. Weekend getaways are wonderful during the school year. I'm a teacher & mom of a 7th grader, so we have the same scheduling issue. I've considered taking one of those 2-night cruises just for a quick getaway. If it appeals to you, go for it!

By "Mexican cruises" do you mean the ones that the Wonder does at the beginning and end of her Alaska season? Or the eastern Mexico stops (Cozumel) on the Western Caribbean cruises.

We've done a several cruises that stopped at western Mexico ports (a couple on DCL). I find there's typically something to see/do in most ports.

Several years we've done more than one cruise (not all DCL). Not tired of them yet.

We never tire of DCL:dogdance:
We have done the Mexican Rivera. No CC was a bummer but we throughly enjoyed ourselves. We found something interesting at each port.

We never tire of DCL:dogdance:
We have done the Mexican Rivera. No CC was a bummer but we throughly enjoyed ourselves. We found something interesting at each port.

Similar. One thing I will say is the food is MUCH better in mexico. If you stop in Ensanada or Puerto Vallarta you can get some of the best seafood you will ever have. Even Cabo has decent seafood and some cool tequila distilleries, etc. i also tend to see a lot more sea life on the west side, lot of dolphins, whales, sea lions, sea turtles etc.

Similar. One thing I will say is the food is MUCH better in mexico. If you stop in Ensanada or Puerto Vallarta you can get some of the best seafood you will ever have. Even Cabo has decent seafood and some cool tequila distilleries, etc. i also tend to see a lot more sea life on the west side, lot of dolphins, whales, sea lions, sea turtles etc.
Do you remember where you ate in Ensenada?

Do you remember where you ate in Ensenada?

Well, there are quite a few great places. Some of the popular ones are the carts, Mariscos El Guero or La Guerrense. Sometimes the lines can get pretty long though. If you want a place to ait and relax I prefer Mariscos Bahia. There are several others that get better reviews on various sites but those are the only 3 I can vouch for. I highly recommend the Camarones al la Diabla at Mariscos Bahia. Enjoy.

Living on the west coast I have done a few of Mexican Rivera cruises including some west coast/reposition cruises with one port stop in Mexico. I had a great time at several of the ports in Mexico and went zip-lining or scuba diving depending on the port. On two of the cruises where we stopped at Ensenada I typically stay on the ship since I've been there numerous times and not really interested in seeing anything in that city.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter