MGM Studios Touring Question

sayakubik

Earning My Ears
On my touring plan I printed out I did not list Beauty & the Beast or Al's Toy Barn? (which I have added in). Not sure what i copied wrong...

So, what else is there for a preschoolder other than: Voyage of the Little Mermaid, Playhouse Disney & MuppetVision 3D, and of course, the parade?

Sorry to be so un informed I have never been to MGM before and am trying to get as much info as possible. TIA

The only attractions with height requirements are Tower of Terror, Rock N Rollercoaster and Star Tours.

Some other attractions to consider:

Great Movie Ride
Backlot Tour
Indiana Jones

Each of those do have some "fear factor" involved, so you'll have to decide whether they are appropriate or not. We took our son when he was 22 mos. IJ and the Great Movie Ride didn't seem to phase him. Although on the Backlot Tour, he wasn't crazy about the Catastrophe Canyon segment.

Don't forget Fantasmic at night, and there are a lot of great character greeting experiences throughout the park.

We don't really care for MGM, as far as toddlers/preschoolers go. Most of the attractions are shows that are 20 minutes or longer. I know there are lots of people who will disagree, but it just doesn't work well for our family. Our kids will tolerate a couple of shows, but then there's not much else to do, other than the playground.

For adults, we love MGM. I just wish they'd develop it more for little ones.

The tour on this website is a little outdated. It doesn't include the Muppets 3D movie, and the HISTK playground is closed right now. I am going to skip much of the items (Indy, ST, TOT, etc) because my kids (4 and 2) won't be "up" for them.

Here's what I am going to do with my toddlers:

Grab FP for LM
See PHD
See LM
See Muppets
See B&B show

Lunch in there at some point

Al's Toy Barn - maybe, we're not Toy Story fans and we are going to CRT and CM's

Good luck!
Diana

DS was tall enough to ride ST at 28 months, and it has been one of his top 5 rides ever since. I wouldn't write it off unless your child is too short.

However, if you plan it right and avoid character greetings, you can do the "kiddy" tour of MGM in one early-entry morning, (not counting BATB). It works for hopping somewhere else later.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter