Miami location and hotel recommendations

1andrea

DIS Veteran
We're flying into Miami again this year and on the way home we're driving down the day before to spend the day sightseeing and staying overnight before we fly home the next day.

I have no idea where about to stay or what there is to do in Miami. I've heard there are a few dodgy areas and don't want to end up somewhere scary!

Can anyone help please?

Thanks xx

We stayed at Hampton Inn Brickell Downtown. It was a really nice area, right near the monorail/aerial tram. Lovely hotel and very reasonably priced, although parking is pretty pricey.

We're flying into Miami again this year and on the way home we're driving down the day before to spend the day sightseeing and staying overnight before we fly home the next day.

I have no idea where about to stay or what there is to do in Miami. I've heard there are a few dodgy areas and don't want to end up somewhere scary!

Can anyone help please?

Thanks xx
may I request your budget ? http://www.faena.com/miami-beach/ is the best hotel in the city

When we went to Miami a few years ago we bought a Miami guide book- the most inexpensive one we could find as we already knew how we were filling our time there but wanted to know a bit more about areas and where to stay. Most of the pictures of Miami and Miami Beach use the same image so I said to DH ‘why don’t we stop there’ pointing to the hotel on the cover. We figured it would be way above our price range but we’re pleasantly surprised! So we stayed for 4 nights in the colony hotel on south beach. Lovely hotel, great location and every time we see a picture, image or tv programme about miami sure enough it includes the picture of where we stayed which means constant memories!

Happy planning and happy travels

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter