Mickey’s mix magic

nblake05

Mouseketeer
going to DL at the end of 29 Jan - 03 Feb. Does anyone have any idea of where the best place to view Mix Magic will be, and how early people will start claiming spots?

Mickeys Mix Magic hasn't even started yet so very hard for anybody to give an accurate account of where is best/what it consists of or how long is good to wait it out. I'm there in a couple weeks and will report back.

While we have yet to see, we know it's a projection and laser show that will be presented on Main Street, it's a small world, and Rivers of America. I'd hazard a guess that a great spot could be somewhere toward the front to middle of Main Street so that you could see the length of Main Street projections. I'm guessing the Small World mall, closer to the attraction would be another great spot. Having seen projection shows on Rivers of America, I'd expect it to look good there, too.

Without fireworks in the show, I think as long as you can see the expected projection area, it's all about comfort in choosing where to watch.

Based on experiences with the Pixar fireworks and projections over the past summer, I would guess that DL will do something similar in trying to give guests a different experience in the different viewing areas. The Pixar show was a little different on Main Street (our favorite view), at the Hub/castle, on the ROA, and at IASW. The crowds were dispersed successfully with this strategy and the show was so much more enjoyable without the mass crowding and camping out that had happened for previous shows. Hoping that the new show will be just as stress free and enjoyable. We'll find out once the show starts!

So does Mickeys mix magical always have fireworks? It is running every night from February 15-23. The calendar says with fireworks. Very strange for mid-week in February.

So does Mickeys mix magical always have fireworks? It is running every night from February 15-23. The calendar says with fireworks. Very strange for mid-week in February.

It does not always have fireworks, but if it says on the schedule "with fireworks" then the intent is to run them. They could still be cancelled due to wind though.

I know in my area up here in Saskatchewan, Canada we have a February break from school during that week. Could it be that enough places are on break during that time that they are prepared for higher crowds?

I like watching from small world. This show doesn’t have any castle fireworks so you don’t have to watch from the hub to see all the fireworks.

I like watching from small world. This show doesn’t have any castle fireworks so you don’t have to watch from the hub to see all the fireworks.
Thank you. That's a time saver if I don't have to stake out a bench

That week is Ski Week (and lots of families just head for the parks instead) and it's also a holiday break for many schools and it's just after President's Day Weekend -- it's known as a busy time in the parks.

We watched last week from Rivers of America (after Fantasmic) and from the hub. Both with fireworks. I preferred watching from the hub as I thought the projections on the castle and the Matterhorn were more clear than the ones on the river house thing.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter