Mickey’s Not So Scary Halloween Party-MNSSHP Watch-updated Boo Bash

Status
Not open for further replies.
Right, but I want to know the dates so I can plan and adjust my park reservations that week if I want to move things around based on this. I wish they'd at least tell us the dates and then wait for the ticket sale so we could plan and prepare.

Same. I’m not even sure if we’ll be going to the party. It depends on the cost and when it is. I’ll be interested to find out which nights they have it on. I’d prefer to have it for within my current plans without having to move anything around.

I just thought of something regarding food at the event, lol. At the after hour events they have free drinks and snacks but they don’t at MNSSHP, you have to pay for specialty items. I wonder if they are going to do both, free popcorn/ice cream bars and stuff plus the specialty treats that you pay for.

That’s when we will be there too! I’m excited that there’s going to be some kind of party. But I am also wondering what the price will be. This will be our first time to be there on Halloween night, so we have to go!
We want to try to go on 10/31 because we don’t arrive until 10/29

I just thought of something regarding food at the event, lol. At the after hour events they have free drinks and snacks but they don’t at MNSSHP, you have to pay for specialty items. I wonder if they are going to do both, free popcorn/ice cream bars and stuff plus the specialty treats that you pay for.
I have a feeling they won’t because the more free stuff people eat, the less they will buy. And I do feel like money is much more their motivation now, more so than making our experience magical :(

It's the same Halloween event as last year but now you have to pay for it. Thanks Chapek
That was our first thought as well. Minus the candy stops everything else seems like what a typical fall day was last yr. I also don't think it'll be less crowded...I'm sure they'll be happy to take as much money from ppl as they'll shell out while staying at whatever capacity limits they have in place at that time.

I think the only free food you'll get is the candy. Which is fine by me. I can make a meal out of that. Lol.
I'd rather have the candy than ice cream/popcorn and select bottled beverages anyways that you might see at an after hours event. :)

Last edited:
That’s because it’s not MNSSHP. It’s an after hours event with Halloween theming. It shouldn’t be compared to MNSSHP when it’s clearly an after hours event.
Okay, so in that case just without the free food/drinks...I guess we'll see where the pricing and crowds match up to.

I think the only free food you'll get is the candy. Which is fine by me. :)
You're quite right! At first I thought other food might be included but then I just re-read the Disney announcement and realized I was incorrect. Candy stops will be included but other themed food may be purchased. Their site says,

Event Highlights
This hauntingly happy Halloween event is sure to be spook-tacular! Highlights include:

• Halloween-themed cavalcades
  • Candy stops, with plenty of sweet surprises
  • Character sightings throughout the park
  • Special performances by the Cadaver Dans
  • Attractions, including favorites like Haunted Mansion and Space Mountain
  • Themed food and beverages available for purchase
  • Special décor, lighting, music and more!

Right, but I want to know the dates so I can plan and adjust my park reservations that week if I want to move things around based on this. I wish they'd at least tell us the dates and then wait for the ticket sale so we could plan and prepare.
I feel the same. I want an easy, restful day on the party day. I also don't want a 7am morning the next day either. Hopefully park reservations won't be full when this is announced and I will be able to move them around as needed.

No fireworks, no stage show, no full parades, no meet n greets...I think that about covers it.
no need to attend then!

What?

They are pointing out that ITS NOT THE SAME. So people need to stop saying the following:
It literally looks exactly the same as MNSSHP - except with a new name? What am I missing?

Either way, I'm excited!

It is perfectly acceptable to point out glaring differences to an event or to WDW. Also with this being the Planning Thread on this forum I would HOPE that people would be calling out the differences especially for people possibly looking at making this first ever trip to the party.

If you are already planning a big park trip, paying extra for this isn't the best value.

In the past, this may have been the only way to see a fireworks show at MK, but those are off for now.

However, for people who are looking for short trip and a nice evening this looks fine.

The cost of the event will be a key factor. If it is priced right it will appeal to locals and Florida residents.

What?

They are pointing out that ITS NOT THE SAME. So people need to stop saying the following:

It is perfectly acceptable to point out glaring differences to an event or to WDW. Also with this being the Planning Thread on this forum I would HOPE that people would be calling out the differences especially for people possibly looking at making this first ever trip to the party.

I know it’s not the same hence why I said not attending, was it not clear?

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter