Mickey’s Not-So-Scary Halloween Party Returns in 2022!!!

Does anyone know what the MNSSHP schedule does to MK attendance on the day of and the next day? If we skip the party, does it make sense to do MK the day of the party (and call it an early night) or is rope dropping the next morning a better move?

I suspect there will be very few nights at the $109 and far more at the $150+ mark. So you still won't be off by much.
Prices re out for each party. With the exception of the first party ($139/$129), it's pretty much $109/$99 through early September, then works its way up until Halloween.

Does anyone know what the MNSSHP schedule does to MK attendance on the day of and the next day? If we skip the party, does it make sense to do MK the day of the party (and call it an early night) or is rope dropping the next morning a better move?

Having at least 3 nights a week dedicated to parties at the MK really affects the entire WDW crowd calendar from August through December.

Party days usually have smaller crowds at MK, but it gets significantly busier when party guests can come in for the last 3 hours. The rest of the crowds are in the other parks.

Non-party days at MK get very crowded as guests all try and get a full day in with fireworks, etc.

Going to MK on a party day is less crowded than non party days. People without hoppers don’t want to use their ticket on a day with shorter hours so they save it for non party days, and non party nights are way packed because people want to see the fireworks. I would avoid MK on non party days for sure.

I suspect there will be very few nights at the $109 and far more at the $150+ mark. So you still won't be off by much.
Aug and the first 2 dates in Sept are 109. (Other than the first night which is 139)
Early-Mid Sept is 119
Late Sept and the first Oct date are 139
Non-Fridays in October (up to 10/30) are 159
Fridays in Oct and the day before Halloween are 179
And Halloween is 199.

It only makes sense that the closer you get the more expensive they are.

Historically MK has very light crowds on party days during party season and has heavy crowds on not party days.

What time can you purchase the tickets online?

Details haven't been released.

But, based on past events, chances are the resort guest pre-sale will be phone only. They verify your eligibility before any sale. People can except a miserable day of being on hold and having their call dropped multiple times.

Then, online sales will start May 18 when they are available to the general public. People can expect the system to break at launch and for everything (including MDE, Genie+, ADR booking, hotel booking, etc.) to be wonky for hours. It will be a miserable day for anyone who has to rely on Disney's IT.

I, of course, could be wrong, but i think we all know you can't rely on the Disney digital infrastructure on big event days.

Last edited:

Glad you asked this cause I already booked MK on a now party day. Idk if we will do the party or not. I wasn't sure if I should try and change the day. I'd like to, but idk if it's worth the expense or if my 4 year old would even last. Gives me a lot to think about now!!

Glad you asked this cause I already booked MK on a now party day. Idk if we will do the party or not. I wasn't sure if I should try and change the day. I'd like to, but idk if it's worth the expense or if my 4 year old would even last. Gives me a lot to think about now!!

Some thoughts: if you have hoppers, starting the day at MK on a party day and then hopping at 4pm is a GREAT idea. You get low MK crowds until 4, then go somewhere else to end your day. Similarly, when you want to see Enchantment, spend your day at a different park, then hop to MK with the plan of camping out for a fireworks spot perhaps with quick service dinner. If you don't have hoppers, you have to decide if Enchantment is a must-do for you. You can arguably get more done on a party day at MK with short hours but low crowds compared to a busy, full hours non-party day during party season. But, if you want the fireworks show, you've got to deal with the crowded day like everyone else.

As to your four year old, how late do they stay up normally? How long into the trip would the party day be? How many late nights / early mornings are you trying to fit in before and after party day?

We took our girls to MNSSHP when they were 5.5 years old, having never been up past 9:30pm prior. (And, that 9:30 was for Disney fireworks. Normal bedtime was 8pm with very, very few exceptions). They made it all the way through to the midnight stage show and they were so stinking proud of themselves. However, in order to make that happen, we 1) did the party as part of a short trip with two park days, one water park day, one party day 2) did not keep them up late at all the nights before the party 3) stayed at the hotel pool the whole day of the party so they had fresh legs and 4) let them sleep in late the day after the party before we headed to the water park. As part of a larger trip, you have to think about how tired your kid will be before the party even starts and how much the party exhaustion will then bleed into the rest of your trip.

We had an incredible time and I would never dissuade someone from doing a party with young kids if they've prepared properly. That said, our friends who were also there had a largely miserable time with whiney kids who were essentially ready to be done before the party ever started. They were on a much longer trip than us and their kids were just too tired to be into it at that point.

I was there in 2019 and it was slow the morning/afternoon of party days and then picked up as people could enter ahead of the party (4PM).

On non-party days it was really busy and instead of thinning out seemed to get busier as the day went on due to the fireworks only being a few nights that week (Halloween week).

Don't think so. From Disney:

Guests of select hotels at the Walt Disney World Resort can begin purchasing Mickey’s Not-So-Scary Halloween Party tickets as early as May 12, 2022. All other Guests may purchase tickets beginning on May 18, 2022.

The advance purchase window is available to Guests of Disney Resort hotels, Walt Disney World Swan and Dolphin Hotels, as well as Shades of Green at Walt Disney World Resort.
Will pop century be included in the may 12 to purchase the event? What about the camp grounds?

Im going to have to replan my whole trip now. As need to move reservations around !

Might be best to wait till I have tickets incase it sells out !

I'm pretty bummed that there will be a party the last night of our trip, as we were hoping to end our week with fireworks at MK.

I really have no interest in dropping an additional $800+ to go trick or treating in the middle of August.

Are these parties worth it???

I'm pretty bummed that there will be a party the last night of our trip, as we were hoping to end our week with fireworks at MK.

I really have no interest in dropping an additional $800+ to go trick or treating in the middle of August.

Are these parties worth it???
That really depends on you. This trip I will be using it as a 1 day ticket to MK to ride rides from 4 to midnight, maybe catch the parade and fireworks. For $109 + tax for 1 person it's worth it to me. I don't plan on trick-or-treating or watching the stage show. Some people love them, in the past I have gotten my picture taken with the Pooh characters in their Halloween costumes, and Jack and Sally from Nightmare before Christmas. It is a fun atmosphere.

FWIW- I did the chat feature on the app to find out if resort guests can purchase tickets on the 12th online, or if we need to call. The reply I got was that we would need to call the ticketing team. I asked what time and was told no official time has been released yet.

If we are staying at a DVC resort (mid September) and have AP's, can we purchase tix on May 12th or do we have to wait until the 18th? TIA!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter