Mickey and Minnie’s Runaway Railway opens March 4th!

Does anyone think there will be an earlier unannounced park opening for the ride?
It's certainly possible; I imagine they will be staffed to do it, but will likely only do it if the crowd levels demand it (i.e. it's becoming a hazard that everyone is crunched into the common areas).

RotR I understand, with the boarding groups, but this doesn’t make sense to me. They have EMH, what, once or twice a week. They can’t staff a brand new ride for a couple extra hours? What am I missing?
Could be a maintenance thing much like RotR. This ride uses a trackless system.

I am so glad that this attraction will be open before our June trip. We are not super interested in this ride, but I love that the park will have another Tier 1 attraction for other patrons to choose from!

I love DS park and I am so happy with this new Tier system.

The ride will NOT be part of Extra Magic Hours as of right now.
Since our first day at HS is a EMH night, this now becomes the primary RD target (probably for most) on an EMH day. Will be interesting to see the effect on RD for SDD and MFSR now, especially on EMH days.

It will also be interesting to see how they route that RD line. I am guessing they will somehow start by following the MFSR line past Echo Lake and then breaking MMRR off to the right back toward the ride past ABC Commissary and keeping the MFSR line to the left. Thoughts?

Since our first day at HS is a EMH night, this now becomes the primary RD target (probably for most) on an EMH day. Will be interesting to see the effect on RD for SDD and MFSR now, especially on EMH days.

It will also be interesting to see how they route that RD line. I am guessing they will somehow start by following the MFSR line past Echo Lake and then breaking MMRR off to the right back toward the ride past ABC Commissary and keeping the MFSR line to the left. Thoughts?
Well we will find out tomorrow for sure.

I was wondering RD line procedures for this ride also. Do you think we really will find out tomorrow or tomorrow is so unique since it is opening day, that tomorrow may not be the primary setup going forward.

I was wondering RD line procedures for this ride also. Do you think we really will find out tomorrow or tomorrow is so unique since it is opening day, that tomorrow may not be the primary setup going forward.
I am sure things will change over time but disney is prepped for the event and likely has all their procedures in place. Tomorrow will give us an idea for sure.

FWIW I spoke to a CM today and was told that FP are not available for MMRR until 10:30 or later (and the same applies for MFSR). This applies at the very least until near the end of May. I asked if this was to help handle RD crowds and was told yes.

Just thought I would share to help with planning purposes!

I would theorize that perhaps they meant that the FP between open & 10:30 weren't available, but they said end of May...so I guess it was just incorrect/misleading info.

I just saw someone's live stream of the ride. It starts out quite impressive but I admit it gets a little underwhelming about halfway through. Much much shorter than GMR. But this was just my thought of first viewing.

I just saw someone's live stream of the ride. It starts out quite impressive but I admit it gets a little underwhelming about halfway through. Much much shorter than GMR. But this was just my thought of first viewing.
GMR was a very high capacity long attraction. This is a trackless darkness dark ride. It’s about 5 minutes so on par with many dark rides.

Does anyone think there will be an earlier unannounced park opening for the ride?
The official opening date of Splash Mountain in MK was October 2, 1992, but my family and I got to ride it during a soft opening in July of 1992! Different times, though!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter