Mickey Check and Dessert

wandoportgirl

Earning My Ears
I am looking at the menus for our trip coming up and I see the Mickey Check kids meals come with fruit as the dessert... I love this option but for our anniversary dinner, I know I am going to be eating the Grey Stuff....

Can we alter the mickey check meals so that the kids get a totally unhealthy dessert instead of fruit? Not only is it a special occasion but they will need to sugar to keep them going a few more hours :dance3:

If you're eating the Grey Stuff, I'm guessing you will be at BOG. We ate there for lunch in October and the kids meals come with fruit (at the time nasty peach applesauce). The cupcakes/cream puffs are not available with the kids meals but you can purchase one.

If you're eating the Grey Stuff, I'm guessing you will be at BOG. We ate there for lunch in October and the kids meals come with fruit (at the time nasty peach applesauce). The cupcakes/cream puffs are not available with the kids meals but you can purchase one.

Yea, I was hoping we could substitute....

We didn't substitute at BOG, but it didn't really offer an actual dessert at lunch. It came with orange stuff for the meatloaf. We substituted at CRT and sci-fi. The waiter at CRT said no problem and mentioned the menu was written poorly. Said they could pick what they wanted. The waitress at sci-fi said she wasn't supposed to allow it, but would let us anyhow...

Mickey Check Meals are meant to be a well balanced nutritional meal with fruit and vegetables, when you substitute on them they are no longer Mickey Check Meals. They aren't supposed to be altered

We haven't eaten at BOG yet, but we've been able to sub out desserts in Mickey Check Meals in other restaurants. BUT the other options are usually a very small ice cream sundae or a cookie. They won't sub out for adult desserts. We always ended up sharing our adult desserts with our kids. If it's for a special occasion, I'd just plan to pay extra for a dessert for the kids.

I have had no trouble mixing and matching what my boys wanted on TS kid's menus between Mickey check meals and the regular kid's dessert (usually ice cream) but I have never eaten dinner at BOG. Things may be different there but I thought I had read the cupcakes were included as kid's desserts on the DDP (not that you said you were, just sharing the context).

Well, I guess we will have to wait and see.. I understand that the check is to make it healthier... but the do have kids dessert options... won't hurt to ask,

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter