• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Mickey lamp post, battery with LEDs?

Cdash

Earning My Ears
I found the instructions for building a Mickey lamp post, looks easy enough.

Question I have, and a search didn't help me, is has anyone done one that uses battery power with LED lights? If so, any links or details you can provide would be appreciated. Especially type of LEDs used and how you mounted them and what kind of battery you used.

I'd be half tempted to try to hook up a 10 watt solar panel to it for charging.

Whole purpose would be to have it work when we don't have hookups.

Thanks

Okay... so here is my thought. First, the light is more about "Ambiance" and showing your "Disney" side and less about functionality (i.e. lighting up the area to see clearly in the dark).

That said, I would think a "Handy" person could cannibalize a solar light like "THIS" one from Amazon. Separate the Solar panel and mount it on the pole. Run the wires through and have the light inside. The net effect is "Charging" as well as the "Day/Night" operation. (No need to make sure you turn it on or off, however a switch could be added for that as well if desired)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter