• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Mickey & Minnie’s RR Early Entry rope drop?

jldeahl

Mouseketeer
I’ve been watching early entry wait times and Mickey & Minnie’s Runaway Railway tends to have a 45-50 minute wait immediately at early entry opening. I’m wondering what the real experience is like. If we wanted to rope drop it, what would be the best arrival time / strategy for say an 8:30am early entry morning?

Me and my daughter were there on the 10th, got there from Pop by skyliner for early entry and walked to Star Wars Land to ride RotR which they told us was closed. We then decided to go to Runaway Railway.. we only waited about 12 minutes. Line was moving smooth, on the app it was posted for a lot longer (im sorry I cant remember exact number).

Last edited:
Runaway Railway seems to always have a large exaggerated wait time. People are constantly reporting here that their wait was way quicker than posted.

On November 3, we got on the Skyliner at 7:40 am. We were in line for Mickey & Minnie's RR by 7:55 pm. Line started moving promptly at 8:30. It was a walk-on at that point, and we were off the ride at 8:50.

It depends on how early you get to the line - last time we were there we arrived at the park at 7:30 and walked right to the line. We had to wait until they opened the ride at 8:30, but we were the first ones on. There really wasn't much of a line behind us at that point either. I would guess even people who were getting in line at that time were waiting less than 20 minutes.

In mid October, we did MMRR at RD twice. At RD, we all but walked into the pre show. Upon exiting, we got back in line and waited about 10 minutes at most.
A different day, we did RoTR at RD. After, we to MMRR about 9:15 and waited about 20 minutes. By the time we finished the ride, the line had doubled, so probably close to 40 minutes. Most days, by afternoon, the line seemed shorter.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter